Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAR WINDOW DEFORST LINE/ANTENNA POLL

What part of your rear windows actually heats up with rear defrost ON.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla X owners. I have a mysterious Rear Defrost situation. Please see attached pic for reference.
I'm trying to see if the ENTIRE rear window heat up when rear defrost is on. (both the thinner lines and the thicker lines). My 3 day new X only heats up the bottom half of the window (all the thinner lines). The top half of the rear window where thicker lines are remain cold. I'm trying to verify if it's supposed to be that way before I spend hours at the SC "fixing" something that's not broken. I went to the showroom and tested another X and it's doing the same as mine. Only the "thinner" lines heated up. The rep @ the showroom was surprised at that fact as he assumed the entire window would heat up. So...I believe those THICKER lines must be antennas and not for defrosting purpose That is good news because it means mine is working just as expected. If I can be bold and ask fellow X owners to test your rear windows by touch (from the inside) and let me know? The lines should heat up within a few minutes, the thinner lines at the bottom half will be warm/hot and the top half area will remain cold. [FYI, the rear defrost is the rectangular icon with the 3 squiggly up arrows] Please let me know what you find out! THANK YOU A MILLION!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8863.JPG
    IMG_8863.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8861.JPG
    IMG_8861.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 91