Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reboot the Infotainment unit (AP board), not the MCU board

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know the so-called "press and hold the two wheels on the steering wheel" would get the Screen reboot, but the autopilot is still working during the reboot procedure (which means the AP board is not having rebooted)

Is there any method to reboot the AP board (Infotainment unit) other than unplugging the power sockets (there are 2) on it?

PS. I tried to disconnect the 12V battery, but found out that both of the MCU board and AP board were still powered (we saw red LED light on the board.

Thanks
BearBu

Last edited:
I believe it restarts/reboots when the car sleeps or a full Power Off from the menu. Have read that after a Power Off to immediately get out of car, shut doors and leave it for a while (probably 10 or more minuets). Why are you manually trying to reboot it?

If you do the power off and open a door you are defeating the purpose. Stay in the car until interior lights turn off, wait a few minutes, then open a door and then step on the brakes.

That’s the best way to shut things down and restart it. Used it to reset my hung charger, etc.

Please don’t use the term “infotainment board” to refer to the autopilot computer. It’s nonsensical and promotes the continued confusion of these two computers (MCU, which actually controls infotainment functions, and AP computer, which does not).
What I meant is the infotainment unit consist of 2 boards (AP board , MCU board). My post is to asking about how to reboot the AP board. Still not specific enough?

If you do the power off and open a door you are defeating the purpose. Stay in the car until interior lights turn off, wait a few minutes, then open a door and then step on the brakes.

That’s the best way to shut things down and restart it. Used it to reset my hung charger, etc.
We tried that many times, the AP board was not rebooted even if the car was switched off with all door closed for more than 30mins. The behaviour of the AP board is very unpredictable