Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received my VIN, but .....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla store in Rocklin, CA. I actually never thought about home delivery...too late now to change it I'm sure. I actually ordered the car there and the sales guy helping me was kinda clicking through a lot of the screens. Maybe I'll buy a sweatshirt there while I'm waiting.

Good luck to both of us !!

We took delivery of a LR AWD 3 with VIN 91XXX in September that had a 9/18 build date.

On Wednesday, we'll take delivery of a Performance 3 with VIN 81XXX. We reached out and they told us that it just came off the line last week. We'll check the build date on Wednesday and hopefully report back that it is an 11/18 build.

Season's Greetings,
I actually received a call, text and email from Tesla informing me of my delivery appointment. The VIN showed up about a day or two later. I ordered the car on Black Friday at the Tesla store in Rocklin, CA. They told me on the day of the delivery to bring the final payment. This way I can inspect the car first. They also told me that I can pay with a personal check..Hope this helps.
Happy Holidays
Really?
I place my final deposit on 10/21, they called me a week ago saying it’s ready, asking if I have loan ready or how I want to pay, but now VIN. So I’m not sure if that’s normal. Your way makes sense because you should see what you’re buying.
Thanks for replaying it does help.

I called Tesla this morning to confirm and they told me to just pay the balance by personal check after vehicle inspection. Good Luck with your delivery.

That's what most people did on the forums. I paid on my phone with their wire transfer service after I inspected and signed some papers.
It's really no different than a check, your typing the same info as on a check and they are "wiring" in your check.

Good luck.

Just make sure you give the car a careful inspection before taking delivery. Paint and panel alignment seems to be an issue regardless of when the car was built.

If you are worried about rejected, just look at how many miles are on the car and what the build date is. As others have said, you can have an October or November build with a VIN that low.

Tesla store in Rocklin, CA. I actually never thought about home delivery...too late now to change it I'm sure. I actually ordered the car there and the sales guy helping me was kinda clicking through a lot of the screens. Maybe I'll buy a sweatshirt there while I'm waiting.

Good luck to both of us !!
No merchandise at the Rocklin location. Pre-Model 3, they had stock available. When I asked why they don't sell merch, the rep said they can't keep it stocked. Hmmm, there's a lesson in supply and demand there somewhere.

What ?? That's disappointing. At Rocklin, are the vehicle inspections done inside or outside in the parking lot. If it's outside, I might be dealing with rain (according to Channel 3 weather anyway).
I was scheduled for home delivery on 9/30, but Tesla was a no-show so pick up was at the Service Center, under a covered area just outside of the showroom.

From what I could find out, only Fremont and San Jose have merchandise in the N. CA region. Fortunately, Tesla doesn't charge for shipping. I had to exchange a few gift items which was a bit of a circus, but it beats driving to Fremont and back in traffic!