Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 7/31 with EDD of 9/7-9/27. When 9/7 came around it went to 9/9-9/27. This morning it changed to 9/12-9/30. For those with trade in, where does it say that the trade in value will expire?
I know its convenient, but sell your car outright. You will never get the opportunity to sell used cars at this price point again. I sold my C63s, Rubicon, and R8 V10+ in the past 8mo. My wife just sold her MB before the lease expired because the price we got was so much higher than her residual from 3yrs ago. Something to think about, for $40 on autotrader you can feel the market out and maybe snag some extra money towards that Tesla. Just a thought.

@Wingwinghello It's okay to disagree, that's what the forum is all about - discussion. From first-hand experience, I found Tesla valuations fairly competitive. For example, I traded a 6/2019 M3+ (AB LR) with FSD to them for the Plaid and received $52,800 credit (or was it $51,800?) - before the ~$5200 sales tax benefit we enjoy here in WA state.
Ah I forgot about the sales tax benefit. That is yuge.

Reactions: jebinc
Just got my VIN and they scheduled delivery for Sunday. 268xxx. White on white with tow and no FSD. Coming from a performance 3 and BMWX5

Ordered on 8/11. Changed from black interior to white on 8/16. I was expecting to be at the end of the month.
They are doing home delivery. Do they drive it over or put it on a flatbed?

Thanks

Reactions: Whatda
x-post

The more I think about it (i.e., that is taking a September 2021, vs an October 2022), one should factor in whether or not they have a trade, and if that trade will expire by waiting. In my case, I have a trade that expires 9/28, and an EDD of 9/14-9/30. I'm now thinking, value wise, I might be better off taking the 2021 MYP and not waiting for the '22 in October. Just wanted to share the "trade" consideration/thought.

x-post

The more I think about it (i.e., that is taking a September 2021, vs an October 2022), one should factor in whether or not they have a trade, and if that trade will expire by waiting. In my case, I have a trade that expires 9/28, and an EDD of 9/14-9/30. I'm now thinking, value wise, I might be better off taking the 2021 MYP and not waiting for the '22 in October. Just wanted to share the "trade" consideration/thought.
But perhaps on 9/28 they give a higher price offer on your trade.
Tesla had gone up over 3k on my trade since I first started 5-28. Every new offer was a little higher.

But perhaps on 9/28 they give a higher price offer on your trade.
Tesla had gone up over 3k on my trade since I first started 5-28. Every new offer was a little higher.
@BigOWilly Well, my Plaid experience was very different. $52,800 was what I locked in. A day before delivery, they valued my M3+ (AB w/ FSD) at $46k and change. Needless to say (but I will anyways), I'm glad I took delivery before the $52,800 offer expired.....

Just got my VIN and they scheduled delivery for Sunday. 268xxx. White on white with tow and no FSD. Coming from a performance 3 and BMWX5

Ordered on 8/11. Changed from black interior to white on 8/16. I was expecting to be at the end of the month.
They are doing home delivery. Do they drive it over or put it on a flatbed?

Thanks
When you got your VIN, were you refreshing the page or did you get an email first?

@BigOWilly Well, my Plaid experience was very different. $52,800 was what I locked in. A day before delivery, they valued my M3+ (AB w/ FSD) at $46k and change. Needless to say (but I will anyways), I'm glad I took delivery before the $52,800 offer expired.....
That’s a big change, especially factoring in the sales tax difference on top. Mine has only gone up from them.

I now have a friend that may want to buy my trade so I just told him it would have to be what Tesla is paying+ sales tax rounded up to closest 1000. And he needs to take as is, I won’t be cleaning it or anything. He takes it dirty haha.

Reactions: jebinc
That’s a big change, especially factoring in the sales tax difference on top. Mine has only gone up from them.

I now have a friend that may want to buy my trade so I just told him it would have to be what Tesla is paying+ sales tax rounded up to closest 1000. And he needs to take as is, I won’t be cleaning it or anything. He takes it dirty haha.
I sold my M3 to a local dealership in Tacoma for a handsome profit. They did all the paperwork, came and picked up the car, and cut me a check. It was seamless. If you'd like their name, just DM me.

Also, how does this perceived "EOQ rush"... making the assumption that there is actually a "rush" (I don't see focusing on west coast deliveries as "rushing" but rather pragmatic) ... any different than any other car manufacturer? Does Volkswagen rush to meet their BPO? Ford? Why do we assume Tesla is automatically guilty of "**** it, send it anyway"?
Yeah despite being at the mercy of Tesla due to being in California, it's hard for me to think I would do it differently if I was calling the shots. It's an efficient model that maximizes the amount of people who get cars. It will inherently create situations where older orders get deliveries after newer ones, but the whole population of buyers benefits generally speaking.

I think the phrasing of "EOQ rush" less about their production and delivery model and more about operations. I'm sure they staff up and have longer hours, but I doubt there is any intention behind it other than they want to fit as many deliveries in by the end of the month and that logistically this is easiest to accomplish in California. As a buyer, my only frustration with EOQ is simply I'm in a group whose delivery may or may not be at that time, which gives me the impression that my delivery can be pushed out to EOQ if it suits Tesla. Obviously, it's not that simple but "feels" this way nonethless

Got my first update in over 3 weeks. EDD is now Sept 14-30. No VIN.

EDD just changed to Sept 13-24. Am I close to the coveted 10-day gap and accompanying VIN? Is the universe just toying with my emotions? Stay tuned.

I'd like to thank my compulsive refreshing for this minor victory.

In all seriousness, my father is visiting next Wednesday and I'm hoping to take him to Victoria next weekend. It's been his dream for a while, so hopefully I'm able to do it in my MYP rather than a rental.

Reactions: Jbapckfan and joula
EDD just changed to Sept 13-24. Am I close to the coveted 10-day gap and accompanying VIN? Is the universe just toying with my emotions? Stay tuned.

I'd like to thank my compulsive refreshing for this minor victory.

In all seriousness, my father is visiting next Wednesday and I'm hoping to take him to Victoria next weekend. It's been his dream for a while, so hopefully I'm able to do it in my MYP rather than a rental.
Send you good delivery vibes! hope its a trip of a lifetime!

Reactions: AK_MYP