Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, as of this morning, I had a reservation for a LR MY White. It was saying estimated delivery Oct 5-25. We decided to change our reservation to a performance version, not because of the delivery dates, but because we wanted the performance features, so I sent them an email requesting a change to our order. Within about 3 hours of doing that, I got an update on my account with a VIN assigned! Now it is saying estimated delivery Aug 28-Sep 3! Woo Hoo!
I'm assuming the P's are sitting at a lot somewhere. Tesla was probably anticipating more sales with the P.. Congrats on the VIN anywho!

Congrats. Seems like people who placed orders in August are getting theirs quicker. Quarter end is coming up.
I hope it works out to be early, but at least in my case I showed early EDDs to start with when I placed the order on July 4. My delivery time looked good and in some cases better than the EDDs for people that had ordered in June. It changed and moved out well past where it started.

Reactions: AK_MYP
I hope it works out to be early, but at least in my case I showed early EDDs to start with when I placed the order on July 4. My delivery time looked good and in some cases better than the EDDs for people that had ordered in June. It changed and moved out well past where it started.
I'm surprised that you placed order on 7/4 and still don't have your VIN assigned today, you might be one of the latest I've been monitoring. I've seen other people placed order later than you got their VINs right away. (This Current Delivery Times has been feisty recently due to upset on the delivery slides).

Reactions: M-S-M
I'm surprised that you placed order on 7/4 and still don't have your VIN assigned today, you might be one of the latest I've been monitoring. I've seen other people placed order later than you got their VINs right away. (This Current Delivery Times has been feisty recently due to upset on the delivery slides).
Also still waiting for my MYP VIN since ordering on 7/8 😭. Kinda sucks seeing ODs in august or end of July getting VINs already. Hopefully we get our VINs soon.

Whew! What an eventful day.

Started off getting my VIN early this morning and then uploading the MVPA to DCU around 8am. Rather than waiting an hour on hold, I chose the call-back option and they called me back exactly 2 hours later at 10am. The nice guy (who said to me I'm buying his dream car... lol) finalized my loan doc at 1.24% and pushed it through. Once that was confirmed, I sent an email to my SA to reset my payment option on my Tesla account, and she did this by 11am today (this SA is actually really great and responsive). We chatted a little bit about my car and the ordering & delivery process (which I'm already familiar with from previous Tesla orders & deliveries), and she confirmed that my car was going to be loaded onto a truck and heading down to So Cal later today and should be at the Buena Park delivery center by tomorrow. The DC will then reach out to me to schedule a delivery, and she suspects it'll be this weekend, barring nothing is wrong with the car. My delivery date currently shows 8/18 - 8/22.

While I waited for the DCU loan doc to show up in my email, I applied for Tesla financing and got the standard 2.49% through US Bank. Then I received the DCU loan doc and emailed it to ratematch@tesla and politely asked them if they would be able to match the interest rate. I made sure not to accept the Tesla loan terms after getting approved for it, and also applied for the same loan amount so there weren't any discrepancies. I received an email from "Chris" (the same one that everyone either loves or hates, and can be unpredictable), and he said he was pleased to confirm my rate match to 1.24% for 72 months, and then he finalized my loan for me with the terms using US Bank.... perfect :D 👍

I'm now all set on my end, and now I'm just waiting for the car to get delivered to the Buena Park DC in the next day or so. I'll probably be able to click on the Review my Agreement button soon, and then pay the ACH payment.

So if all goes well, I'll have my MYP by this weekend.

Started off getting my VIN early this morning and then uploading the MVPA to DCU around 8am. Rather than waiting an hour on hold, I chose the call-back option and they called me back exactly 2 hours later at 10am. The nice guy (who said to me I'm buying his dream car... lol) finalized my loan doc at 1.24% and pushed it through. Once that was confirmed, I sent an email to my SA to reset my payment option on my Tesla account, and she did this by 11am today (this SA is actually really great and responsive). We chatted a little bit about my car and the ordering & delivery process (which I'm already familiar with from previous Tesla orders & deliveries), and she confirmed that my car was going to be loaded onto a truck and heading down to So Cal later today and should be at the Buena Park delivery center by tomorrow. The DC will then reach out to me to schedule a delivery, and she suspects it'll be this weekend, barring nothing is wrong with the car. My delivery date currently shows 8/18 - 8/22.

While I waited for the DCU loan doc to show up in my email, I applied for Tesla financing and got the standard 2.49% through US Bank. Then I received the DCU loan doc and emailed it to ratematch@tesla and politely asked them if they would be able to match the interest rate. I made sure not to accept the Tesla loan terms after getting approved for it, and also applied for the same loan amount so there weren't any discrepancies. I received an email from "Chris" (the same one that everyone either loves or hates, and can be unpredictable), and he said he was pleased to confirm my rate match to 1.24% for 72 months, and then he finalized my loan for me with the terms using US Bank.... perfect :D 👍

I'm now all set on my end, and now I'm just waiting for the car to get delivered to the Buena Park DC in the next day or so. I'll probably be able to click on the Review my Agreement button soon, and then pay the ACH payment.

Congrats! Eventful indeed.

Reactions: jpy1980 and SDM44

When tesla rate matched ur dcu to us bank were they able to finance you to include your tax and license ? When I applied for my local credit union they will finance up to 135% of the car loan to include tax and licensing. When I applied for tesla financing it seems like you have to pay through ACH the tax and license part as the downpayment / amount due. I really would rather pay as little out of pocket and finance more, thats just me, but was wondering if DCU financed to include the tax and licensing and if the loan amount after the rate match by US BANK tesla included that also or they are still asking for that amount due ? TIA

When tesla rate matched ur dcu to us bank were they able to finance you to include your tax and license ? When I applied for my local credit union they will finance up to 135% of the car loan to include tax and licensing. When I applied for tesla financing it seems like you have to pay through ACH the tax and license part as the downpayment / amount due. I really would rather pay as little out of pocket and finance more, thats just me, but was wondering if DCU financed to include the tax and licensing and if the loan amount after the rate match by US BANK tesla included that also or they are still asking for that amount due ? TIA

I've seen a couple of people get Tesla financing and they were able to rate match their full LTV amount amount on their 'Tesla' financing (through whatever bank they were assigned to). DCU says on their website they will loan up to 130% of the car's value, so you should be able to roll up tax, lic, reg & other fees into that. From there, it's just a matter of seeing of Tesla rate match or auto finance departments will "match" those terms and allow you to have the same. It doesn't hurt to try, but I don't think there's enough people out there who have tried/done this and that has any feedback or specific tips on doing it.

For me, I already planned on putting cash down towards the car so I had a specific loan amount already in mind, and that's what I applied for with DCU and also with Tesla financing.

Reactions: Taureans77
I've seen a couple of people get Tesla financing and they were able to rate match their full LTV amount amount on their 'Tesla' financing (through whatever bank they were assigned to). DCU says on their website they will loan up to 130% of the car's value, so you should be able to roll up tax, lic, reg & other fees into that. From there, it's just a matter of seeing of Tesla rate match or auto finance departments will "match" those terms and allow you to have the same. It doesn't hurt to try, but I don't think there's enough people out there who have tried/done this and that has any feedback or specific tips on doing it.

For me, I already planned on putting cash down towards the car so I had a specific loan amount already in mind, and that's what I applied for with DCU and also with Tesla financing.
Thank you for the information

SOOOOOO, Ordered Black MYP July 24th I got a Vin about a week ago, I still have not received a call to schedule delivery. Whats up with that? anyone experiencing receiving a vin and not getting delivery scheduled?
Me. Ordered on 7/1, I received my VIN on 7/27, and the EDD changes at the end of every week (it's been extended four times now). I excitedly rushed to buy all of my desired accessories from Tesmanian, Teslarati, Amazon, etc because I thought it was going to be here by 8/6, then 8/13, and then 8/20, and now by 8/26. Silly me. You just have to sit tight. My SA and I have been in communication, but he gives purposefully vague and indefinite answers like "should be by next week or so" and "we definitely want to get you your vehicle before your loan approval expires as well." - My trade-in offer already expired, I had to resubmit my odometer for my trade in, and they lowballed me this time (where as I would have made a little this time, now I have to pay a few hundred). It's been a fun process.

• Disagree
Reactions: M-S-M
Me. Ordered on 7/1, I received my VIN on 7/27, and the EDD changes at the end of every week (it's been extended four times now). I excitedly rushed to buy all of my desired accessories from Tesmanian, Teslarati, Amazon, etc because I thought it was going to be here by 8/6, then 8/13, and then 8/20, and now by 8/26. Silly me. You just have to sit tight. My SA and I have been in communication, but he gives purposefully vague and indefinite answers like "should be by next week or so" and "we definitely want to get you your vehicle before your loan approval expires as well." - My trade-in offer already expired, I had to resubmit my odometer for my trade in, and they lowballed me this time (where as I would have made a little this time, now I have to pay a few hundred). It's been a fun process.
Wow thats so unfortunate and I have a similar situation. I got a good quote from vroom, I signed paper work and sent my negative deposit but since then have read horrendous reviews about them and how they take your car and forget to send payment to lien holder, and you start getting calls from collection agencies, I honestly rather pay extra than to deal with that. Its scary to think I sign over my car and the payment is still outstanding. But any who, I spoke to my SA he said it takes about 3 weeks after vin is created to reach FL where I am, and he estimated it would arrive around the 26th of this month, then they have to do an inspection etc...

Reactions: Mingilicious