Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYP on 7/15. EDD updated to 5-6 weeks yesterday and today I woke up to a "Vision only" agreement and a VIN. EDD 8/24 - 8/27 now.
yes thats how I received my vin as well. Tesla is saying vision only is all you need but it was a chip shortage play coupled with not wanting to delay deliveries, but I dont think cars are safer with just vision, the car needs it other senses as well.

Keep your head up, we still have a shot for next week!
MYP. I was expecting a VIN this week when I had a 8/20-8/31 EDD on Tuesday, but it kicked out to an almost 3 week span yesterday, and is starting to slowly reduce again.
I feel like we’re all going to get our VINs together. And soon I hope!!!

Order date 7/24/21, MYP, MSM/black
Original EDD: 9/2-9/30
8/4: 8/17-9/6
8/15: 8/18-9/7
8/16: 8/19-9/6
8/18: 8/20-9/6
8:19: 8/22-9/7

My EDD as of today is 8/19 - 8/22.

Really hoping I get a delivery date in the next day or so, as I’ve seen a few people on here who received a VIN for their MYP but their EDD keeps getting pushed back week after week.
I have same EDD as you. Today morning, I got a text msg saying they will be delivering at home instead on Aug. 21st 9am~6PM...I want to pick it up myself so that i can inspect the car first. But i don't know. I replied back but getting no answer at this point.

I have same EDD as you. Today morning, I got a text msg saying they will be delivering at home instead on Aug. 21st 9am~6PM...I want to pick it up myself so that i can inspect the car first. But i don't know. I replied back but getting no answer at this point.
From a couple of folks here from CA had mentioned that they are pushing really hard for not "allowing" SC pick up. You have to call and really try to negotiate hard on you rather pick up from SC instead.

Wow thats so unfortunate and I have a similar situation. I got a good quote from vroom, I signed paper work and sent my negative deposit but since then have read horrendous reviews about them and how they take your car and forget to send payment to lien holder, and you start getting calls from collection agencies, I honestly rather pay extra than to deal with that. Its scary to think I sign over my car and the payment is still outstanding. But any who, I spoke to my SA he said it takes about 3 weeks after vin is created to reach FL where I am, and he estimated it would arrive around the 26th of this month, then they have to do an inspection etc...
I've sold my car previously to Vroom (about 6 years ago) and the process while not super smooth, had no real issues with payments and such, I also had outstanding balance with my lien but they took care of it all. I would just say you have to be diligent about contacting them and making sure that they confirm in writing (even email) that they took care of things.
I will be selling my current car again to them, just waiting to get confirmation on pick up and then receive payment a few days after.

yes thats how I received my vin as well. Tesla is saying vision only is all you need but it was a chip shortage play coupled with not wanting to delay deliveries, but I dont think cars are safer with just vision, the car needs it other senses as well.
What does the agreement actually say? Is the car coming with no sensors at all (like backup sensors)? Or does it say you're not getting LIDAR anymore, which I thought was already the plan given the pivot to Computer Vision...