Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have same EDD as you. Today morning, I got a text msg saying they will be delivering at home instead on Aug. 21st 9am~6PM...I want to pick it up myself so that i can inspect the car first. But i don't know. I replied back but getting no answer at this point.

You can try reaching out to your SA and see if they can help you with this request. They probably have more pull on making this happen than you calling & talking to a delivery center person.

I received a text just awhile ago saying that my car will be delivered to my house in the next 1-3 days. Not specific day or time yet, but I'm fine with a home delivery or picking it up at the Buena Park DC.

Reactions: jpy1980 and lchen6
You can try reaching out to your SA and see if they can help you with this request. They probably have more pull on making this happen than you calling & talking to a delivery center person.

I received a text just awhile ago saying that my car will be delivered to my house in the next 1-3 days. Not specific day or time yet, but I'm fine with a home delivery or picking it up at the Buena Park DC.
I tried to contact them and left a msg....ok, really no specific date? hmmmm that is strange. But good luck to you.

Yeah my location is in Buena Park, CA area. I tried to call them and no answer of course and left them a msg to call me back. I have no hope here.....
Respectfully, what's so important about going to the SC for pickup? When they deliver the car to your home, can't you simply refuse delivery if there are issues and send them back? When I got my M3, I had to sign to accept delivery. Had I not, they would've been out of luck.

They do all the driving, you don't have to go anywhere or do anything.

Reactions: lchen6
Respectfully, what's so important about going to the SC for pickup? When they deliver the car to your home, can't you simply refuse delivery if there are issues and send them back? When I got my M3, I had to sign to accept delivery. Had I not, they would've been out of luck.

Picking up at the SC is key here IMO. I live 50ish miles from the SC and in Texas, you basically own the car when it gets to the SC. So, no offense to anyone at Tesla, but I dont want some random person putting miles on my car when I cant do anything about whatever they may do between here and there. They could rash the rims, smudge up the interior, who knows what their hygeine is etc. So, no to home delivery IMHO.

Some people here feel a lot more comfortable calling out problems/issues real time and leave the car with SC and have them fix the problems/issues.

My M3LR home delivery was flawless, and will probably do it again. Model Y being a newer model, some suspect there are potentially "more issues" and some are okay with these "issues" and opt for convenience. Some are mechanically able to fix these "issues" and rather driving back and forth to the SC (especially if they are a couple hours away). Also, $60~70K purchase might means a lot to someone and they'd like their car to be in a good condition. It's back to your tolerance level I guess. Unless you get a completely beat up car, I may opt for a home delivery this round again.

Some people here feel a lot more comfortable calling out problems/issues real time and leave the car with SC and have them fix the problems/issues.

My M3LR home delivery was flawless, and will probably do it again. Model Y being a newer model, some suspect there are potentially "more issues" and some are okay with these "issues" and opt for convenience. Some are mechanically able to fix these "issues" and rather driving back and forth to the SC (especially if they are a couple hours away). Also, $60~70K purchase might means a lot to someone and they'd like their car to be in a good condition. It's back to your tolerance level I guess. Unless you get a completely beat up car, I may opt for a home delivery this round again.
Fair points and to each their own. Regardless of the option you choose, I think the most important thing is not to sign anything accepting delivery until you're fully satisfied with the car.

Also, when I did home delivery for my M3, I made clear when they called that I would do a very detailed inspection of the car and they started to push back and did the 'you have 2 days to report all defects and we'll fix them' song and dance. I was not pleased. When the guy showed up, I took my sweet time - they can wait 45 mins for a new $38k car. They're going to wait at least as long for a $60k car.

Fair points and to each their own. Regardless of the option you choose, I think the most important thing is not to sign anything accepting delivery until you're fully satisfied with the car.

Also, when I did home delivery for my M3, I made clear when they called that I would do a very detailed inspection of the car and they started to push back and did the 'you have 2 days to report all defects and we'll fix them' song and dance. I was not pleased. When the guy showed up, I took my sweet time - they can wait 45 mins for a new $38k car. They're going to wait at least as long for a $60k car.
That's nice of him to wait for you. The guy who did my wife's M3LR home delivery just dropped the car off in our drive way and left (left both keys and the Fedex envelope in the car too). Initially, I was struggling on how to even get in, then later figure out have to hop back to Tesla.com and click accept. We were very lucky that the car came nearly flawless or otherwise I clicked "Accept" one step too early. 😝

With lesson learned, the proper steps for home delivery should be:
  1. Home Delivery (Driver may or may not stay with you upon drop off)
  2. Inspect Exterior as detailed as you'd like (follow the check list)
  3. Peak into the window and look inside of the car and see if you can spot any potential issue (however this is limited as you cannot get into the car)
  4. After most of the things normal and in good condition, go to Tesla.com and account to "accept" delivery
  5. Get into the car and check everything interior in details
  6. Call out any issues and schedule service in the Mobile App
Any other expert want to add other tips and tricks for folks that are taking home delivery soon?

Last edited:
Reactions: mrfeb14 and AK_MYP
That's nice of him to wait for you. The guy who did my wife's M3LR home delivery just dropped the car off in our drive way and left (left both keys and the Fedex envelope in the car too). Initially, I was struggling on how to even get in, then later figure out have to hop back to Tesla.com and click accept. We were very lucky that the car came nearly flawless or otherwise I clicked "Accept" one step too early. 😝

With lesson learned, the proper step for home delivery should be:
  1. Home Delivery (Driver may or may not stay with you upon drop off)
  2. Inspect Exterior as detailed as you'd like (follow the check list)
  3. Peak into the window and look inside of the car and see if you can spot any potential issue (however this is limited as you cannot get into the car)
  4. After most of the things normal and in good condition, go to Tesla.com and account to "accept" delivery
  5. Get into the car and check everything interior in details
  6. Call out any issues and schedule service in the Mobile App
Any other expert want to add other tips and tricks for folks that are taking home delivery soon?
I like this. I would also be fuming if the driver simply dropped it off. That makes me see why people would insist on SC delivery.

Your list looks good. I used this delivery checklist when I got my M3 and liked it.: https://forums.tesla.com/discussion...h0IycreBQhE-1629404373-0-gqNtZGzNAnujcnBszQpR There's plenty of other resources available online.

Reactions: lchen6
Just received a call from the Buena Park delivery center. They said my MYP will be delivered on Saturday to my house between 9am-6pm :D
Mine coming tomorrow from 9-6! They’ll text you shortly to confirm exact location and then 24hrs before will have you sign the MVPA on their site. But you’ve been through this before so you should know!
I’m excited for us!

Mine coming tomorrow from 9-6! They’ll text you shortly to confirm exact location and then 24hrs before will have you sign the MVPA on their site. But you’ve been through this before so you should know!
I’m excited for us!
Congrats to you both, both in socal and to the final step. jpy1980, did you end up securing picking up at SC or you opt for home delivery?

Reactions: AK_MYP