Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! What's the front window tint %? 15%? Did you tint over the rear too? I'm getting mine done next week, can't decide if I want to go 35% or 15% for the front. (I think 35% for the front is "okay" in California in terms of giving cops reason to pull you over)
I got 5% all around and 50% windshield, I'll post a better pic today

I’ve had cops give me thumbs up lol

Last edited:
Been following you all for sometime but had yet to post.

EDD 8/24-9/13. Hasn’t changed since 8/10.

Ordered 8/4: Blue MYP/black/no tow/ No FSD

I had a MYLR order from 5/28 I finally canceled two weeks ago. Originally placed MYP order thinking I would take whichever came first but then decided I really wanted the MYP anyhow.
My EDD is 8/24 - 9/13 at the moment.

Blue MYP/Black/Tow/No FSD/5 Seater.

When was your profile complete? Funny that I ordered later and Im already getting my car. Maybe you'll get some better news this week?
Profile was complete same day (July 4). We are both Austin deliveries too!

I am, I think, one of the last early July MYP orders that has yet to get a VIN/delivery. Hopefully a VIN in the next few days. I'd ideally like to take delivery on Sep 4 or sometime that weekend or early the next week. Concern with getting close to the mid and end of Sep (end of quarter) is that Tesla's delivery prioritization will shift to CA (minimize in-transit delays to optimize in quarter deliveries/recognized revenue) ... and I could easily see my EDD bounce to Oct. 😣

Last edited:
since my EDD shifted big numbers the last few days I decided to email my SA just to see if they'd give me different information:
"Delivery window should be between 09/09 through 09/23" So I guess that is inline somewhat with the EDD showing in my account of 8/29-9/18. I was sort of hoping for a closer date, but being under 50 miles from the factory, I'm gonna count on it being closer to 9/23 for EOQ push

Profile was complete same day (July 4). We are both Austin deliveries too!

I am, I think, one of the last early July MYP orders that has yet to get a VIN/delivery. Hopefully a VIN in the next few days. I'd ideally like to take delivery on Sep 4 or sometime that weekend or early the next week. Concern with getting close to the mid and end of the quarter is that Tesla's delivery prioritization will shift to CA (minimize in-transit delays to optimize in quarter deliveries/recognized revenue) ... and I could easily see my EDD bounce to Oct. 😣
Yeah, I cant figure out what the discrepancy might be. I am red - but there are plenty of MSM out there in TX that have VINs already, so not quite sure. Realizing quarter end is a good guess though. I have to say, I have been pretty frustrated with the whole process. My car is here already and I have an appointment to delivery on Wednesday, but no one from the DC has reached out, email, text, nothing. They really need to get this delivery process sorted out if they are going to be the big boys in the EV business. I have had similar issues with Rivian too - I have a first day preorder and they are *completely silent* - obfuscating production issues. Someone needs to tell these companies that more info is much better than less.

If I get the car on time, Ill do the driveway photoshoot for everyone, haven't seen a red one in a while. :)

Reactions: lchen6 and M-S-M
Yeah, I cant figure out what the discrepancy might be. I am red - but there are plenty of MSM out there in TX that have VINs already, so not quite sure. Realizing quarter end is a good guess though. I have to say, I have been pretty frustrated with the whole process. My car is here already and I have an appointment to delivery on Wednesday, but no one from the DC has reached out, email, text, nothing. They really need to get this delivery process sorted out if they are going to be the big boys in the EV business. I have had similar issues with Rivian too - I have a first day preorder and they are *completely silent* - obfuscating production issues. Someone needs to tell these companies that more info is much better than less.

If I get the car on time, Ill do the driveway photoshoot for everyone, haven't seen a red one in a while. :)
I look forward to the pics!

It does seem like everyone's experience is somewhat unique. I've certainly had much longer waits with far less info for ICE vehicles.

I have no complaints at all about my order experience and info flow from Tesla so far. In my case, I received an email in less than an hour of placing the order from a SA in Las Vegas. No idea why I was assigned a remote SA. She was very responsive and eventually connected me to a delivery manager (also Las Vegas based) for my more detailed questions about delivery. He has also been very responsive and clear. He is blunt that what he can share is based on anecdotal experience, not some magical system level detail. As one would expect it is with few exceptions all algorithm based.

I look forward to the pics!

It does seem like everyone's experience is somewhat unique. I've certainly had much longer waits with far less info for ICE vehicles.

I have no complaints at all about my order experience and info flow from Tesla so far. In my case, I received an email in less than an hour of placing the order from a SA in Las Vegas. No idea why I was assigned a remote SA. She was very responsive and eventually connected me to a delivery manager (also Las Vegas based) for my more detailed questions about delivery. He has also been very responsive and clear. He is blunt that what he can share is based on anecdotal experience, not some magical system level detail. As one would expect it is with few exceptions all algorithm based.
Gotcha. Ive stopped talking to my SA (Does not reply) and just call the 510-xxx-xxxx Fremont order center that someone on here gave me. They are actually pretty good, but I do have to call them or check the Tesla.com website to see whats actually going on, and we have had crossed wires on several occasions.

Yeah, I've ordered ~20 cars over my life - I've done European delivery twice (Porsche, Volvo) and my experience has always been better than this. But, your mileage will vary apparently.

PS - getting the car tinted (mild, side windows only) on Friday so probably wait until thats done to get photos up and retire from this thread. :)

Reactions: M-S-M
since my EDD shifted big numbers the last few days I decided to email my SA just to see if they'd give me different information:
"Delivery window should be between 09/09 through 09/23" So I guess that is inline somewhat with the EDD showing in my account of 8/29-9/18. I was sort of hoping for a closer date, but being under 50 miles from the factory, I'm gonna count on it being closer to 9/23 for EOQ push
Im pretty sure being close to the factory makes our dates pushed out further lol. Ive noticed most bay area orders seem to be around 7-8 weeks, while out of state gets VIN in 4-5 weeks more often. I think they prioritize out of state orders depending on trucks going out to certain states, etc. to fill them up and optimize delivery. Also, from what i understand they prioritize CA/west coast deliveries in september to meet EOQ goals, so it might be likely for august delivery CA orders to get pushed to sept

I ordered my Blue MYP 7/8, still no VIN

Reactions: M-S-M