Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhat puzzled by this - my car was produced 8/11 and my VIN starts with '248' - anyone have a clue why these are so far off? I was under the impression that they are sequential. No?
You just got your VIN and haven't yet taken delivery, correct? I suspect that your production date is actually earlier than 8/11. My VIN is 251XXX and I got my VIN on 8/18.

Reactions: jama999 and M-S-M
Somewhat puzzled by this - my car was produced 8/11 and my VIN starts with '248' - anyone have a clue why these are so far off? I was under the impression that they are sequential. No?
I think this is expected, they are just producing a lot of cars.
For reference, I believe the July 1st MY (with hepa filter) was around 225xxx. So if 259xxx is the most recent, that is around 5xxx VIN increase per week. Somewhat lines up (give or take a few days) with your 2 week old build being down by 10xx.

Reactions: jama999
You just got your VIN and haven't yet taken delivery, correct? I suspect that your production date is actually earlier than 8/11. My VIN is 251XXX and I got my VIN on 8/18.
Correct. I got my VIN a couple weeks ago now. So, I suspect that my car was produced a while back and was sitting there a while. My concern is that I may not get the HEPA filter, or that the paint is the worse for the wear from sitting outside, whatever. I guess I will see at delivery.

Correct. I got my VIN a couple weeks ago now. So, I suspect that my car was produced a while back and was sitting there a while. My concern is that I may not get the HEPA filter, or that the paint is the worse for the wear from sitting outside, whatever. I guess I will see at delivery.
HEPA filter is all orders newer than 225xxx, you should be good

Reactions: M-S-M and jama999
Here’s a better photo before it gets stealth wrap ppf and ceramic!

Tints: 5% all around and 50% windshield 3M IR Ceramic

Attachments

• BE4986BF-F537-40A6-AF8A-8A2581E8B06B.jpeg
    BE4986BF-F537-40A6-AF8A-8A2581E8B06B.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 06FC18D1-33B7-4DD2-87EF-07F29A5F2004.jpeg
    06FC18D1-33B7-4DD2-87EF-07F29A5F2004.jpeg
    554.5 KB · Views: 50
Congrats! 🙌

I noticed yesterday when I washed my car (which I advise people to do when they take delivery, as you're really able to inspect everything up close when you're drying it), and I noticed in a couple of spots that looked like touch-up paint was used or smeared on my car - one on the hood and one on the rear passenger door. I wiped it down with some isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber towel and it came right off, and the paint underneath was perfect so it looks like it could've been smeared on somehow. Either way, glad to see it wasn't actual touch-up paint covering a defect.

At least with a black car, you won't notice panel gaps as much as a bright white car :p
Learned from either this forum or youtube videos. At the rapid pace Tesla is manufacturing and delivering vehicles the window is short from assembly to delivery usually within few days. The recommendation is not to car wash until after 30days of delivery for the paint to settle. Is it not true anymore.

• Helpful
Reactions: M-S-M