Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh still no change. Not sure at this point if that’s a good or bad thing. At this point I just want to know. Lol sold both my cars with the plans of having an EV. Last car was sold two weeks ago, been living without a vehicle thinking this would happen so… first world problems.

OD/Profile 8/29, EDD still 9/22-9/30 MYP Blue/Black, No Tow, No FSD
Same boat here! No Change, No Text!!! Already turned in my leased car but they are generously enough to let me borrow it until the end of this month (they wanted my car so badly) Hopefully I don’t have to go for backup plan for a rental car.

Quick Update: Just got a text/SMS from Tesla to schedule my delivery MYP White/Black for 9/27 or 9/28. Interestingly the account status page does not show the option to schedule delivery. Anyways the schedule link is Tesla SSO - Sign In (Your reservation number AKA RN). Looks like literally EOQ push. So for folks who see EDD this month, hang in there. You should see movement soon. Good luck.

Quick Q - I have some posts on what to mainly inspect before taking delivery (rear spoiler, some under body bolts, etc)- it would be great if you all could provide a concise list - I am sure it will be benefit this group. thanks.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Ordered a MYLR, Grey, hitch, stock wheels last week. Delivery date has disappeared and now it just says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." I assume this is normal for a while...?
Yes that’s normal. FYI your in the thread for MYP’s which tend deliver and track much different then MYLR’s.

no change in EDD again as of now .... I am still debating a tesla wall charger vs just nema 14-50 ...
I had an EV charger install company come over to my house to provide a quote - they asked a bunch of questions - the main question is how much you drive every day? (10, 20, 50, etc miles) and the other aspect is which spot you would park within your garage? (guessing you have a garage)? How do you want park - front in or back in? That would decide the charger mount point? Where is your inside and outside breaker panel? That would drive the total cost? Do you want 60 or 50 Amps? (60 Amps provides max charge at 48 Amps continuous draw). I was told NeMa outlet would be max 50 Amps? I am leaning towards NeMa 14-50 which can be installed right next to my inside breaker panel and will be the most economical. FYI you can upgrade to Wall Connector from NeMa if you want that. Keep in mind the speed of charge would depend on 50 or 60 Amps. Wall Connector is more of convivence with WiFi.

Reactions: calcal
Quick Update: Just got a text/SMS from Tesla to schedule my delivery MYP White/Black for 9/27 or 9/28. Interestingly the account status page does not show the option to schedule delivery. Anyways the schedule link is Tesla SSO - Sign In (Your reservation number AKA RN). Looks like literally EOQ push. So for folks who see EDD this month, hang in there. You should see movement soon. Good luck.

Quick Q - I have some posts on what to mainly inspect before taking delivery (rear spoiler, some under body bolts, etc)- it would be great if you all could provide a concise list - I am sure it will be benefit this group. thanks.

Checked earlier today for any updates and my EDD was pushed back from 9/23-9/30 to 10/3-10/23.

Just refreshed the page and I received a VIN. Updated EDD is now 9/17-9/20.

Haven’t received any calls, emails or text for VIN assignment and waiting for a call to schedule delivery
Tesla playing with emotions per usual....Congrats! I wonder if someone released their car and it went to you. Not sure if you would care about such things, but recent VINs have been in the 270's if you are curious how old it might be!

Regardless, what a nice Friday gift

I noticed the same haha. I haven't checked, but I can't think of anyone else who got a SEPTEMBER text with an earlier EDD range. Maybe we're leading the pack, in front of the end of the line.
Would be nice, hope to find out soon! Given nerdknob's experience, wouldn't be shocked to get a VIN and the car the same day. Crazy how fast Tesla moves.

This is something I’ve been asking myself as well. On one hand who knows when they’ll vote on this thing. If I wait and it gets rejected or I no longer qualify I’ll certainly be kicking myself. Silver lining might be going from ‘21 to ‘22 model.

On the other hand I’m selling my current Acura RDX to my mother-in-law and she is excited and ready to buy it, lol. And after putting that amount as a downpayment the remaining monthly will “only” be $600/mo ish so $8000 is a bit more than the first year of payments. Or partial PPF/ceramic/2nd wheel set.

However, all I see on the road are freaking Model Y’s so if I get a text I’m just saying yes. The only way I say no is if the text comes AFTER the bill gets passed and I qualify for an $8000 credit. Then I think I need to just chill out for for what would feel like the longest 3.5 months ever. And go from ‘21 to ‘22 model year for sure.
Hard decision and everyone’s situation and needs are different
We have been living with one car since 6/20
So wifey getting impatient so I’m rolling the dice and getting it

Reactions: Jbapckfan