Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More data for the pile. First day of the newest EDD window (10/27 - 11/24). First time I've entered an EDD window without it getting pushed back. Fingers crossed.
Good luck! I've entered my window 3 times, they pushed it back on the second day every time.
Adding to this, I’ll be in Paris first week of December 2-8th and I have a EDD of Dec 4-31. Wondering if I went ahead and paid for the car when the payment portal opens up if they will just leave it at the service center if I’m not back by the time they may possibly want me to take delivery? Anyone every done that before?
I think if you tell your sales agent, he can put a note to not deliver that week. From my understanding, the only time they won't push back by a few days is end of quarter. I was asking about it last month in case my refinance hadn't gone through and my SA said that they couldn't alter days end of quarter, but he was able to for next month.

Adding to this, I’ll be in Paris first week of December 2-8th and I have a EDD of Dec 4-31. Wondering if I went ahead and paid for the car when the payment portal opens up if they will just leave it at the service center if I’m not back by the time they may possibly want me to take delivery? Anyone every done that before?
It would be extremely unlucky for your delivery date to occur in that window. With that being said, I think you are more likely to see the car mid to late December. No evidence to back it up really, just seems like there are very few examples of deliveries being at the beginning of the window.

I believe you get a 3 day window for delivery, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: KAUSTIN
Only thing I noticed is a slightly wider trunk gap on the driver side but everything else looks perfect. There were a total of three Msm MYPs and a single white MYP. The drive was surprisingly comfortable. Took the bumps just like my M3 with 18s.
20211027_145330.jpg
20211027_145344.jpg
20211027_145406.jpg

I'm a bit salty you received more promising news when you ordered after mine.. :(
Big difference between a delivery window and a delivery. Kinda like F1 Racing... Big difference between catching and passing....

19 Days on the VIN countdown folks! I'm predicting a rain of VINs on or around Nov 15. RAIN I TELL YOU!!!! We're in the calm before the storm.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Wow....interesting that your SA can confirm a manufacture date over a month and a half out! My SA gives me zero feedback other than "there can be no firm update until a VIN is generated....."

Hmm, wonder if that will eventually cease the more I keep inquiring! Our SA's have been great though, no complaints.

But I did go in today for a MYP test drive, finally. It only confirmed that we made the right decision over the LR...wife loves the MYP. 👍

I'm a bit salty you received more promising news when you ordered after mine.. :(

Well, I'll believe it when I see a VIN notification. 😁

Big difference between a delivery window and a delivery. Kinda like F1 Racing... Big difference between catching and passing....

19 Days on the VIN countdown folks! I'm predicting a rain of VINs on or around Nov 15. RAIN I TELL YOU!!!! We're in the calm before the storm.

I believe it... my SA said "mid-November" but most likely week of Thanksgiving. That lines up with vins on Nov. 15.

INSIGHT INTO THE ALGORITHM ASSIGNING EDD (ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES):

Stage 1: Order Time
Estimate 12 weeks out.

Stage 2: Order Completed
EDD Update 1: Push out delivery window start date 30 days (28 day window)
EDD Update 2: Pull in delivery window start date 15 days (30 day window)
EDD Update 3: Push out delivery window start date 60 days - Scare the *sugar* out of customer (30 day window)
EDD Update 4: Pull in EDD Start date 30 days: Customer now happy even though the edd is still 75 days longer than the original estimate (30 day window)
EDD Update 5: Wait till customer is in edd window 2 days. Push out EDD Window start; 4 business days.
Repeat Previous step 4x while leaving the end date the same
EDD Update 10: Release VIN (Customer Happy)
EDD Update 11: Remove VIN Provide no explanation (Customer hopeful... No EDD Change.
EDD Update 12: Push EDD Star window +30 days expand window to 3 weeks
EDD Update 13: Repeat Update 5 process 4 x
EDD Update 18: Release VIN
EDD Update 19: Establish Delivery date

Stage 3: Delivery Car
Final Step: Deliver Car - Several Months past original EDD - Customer Happy

I think I captured the essence of the process. Questions?

Guidance to customers Awaiting Vehicles:
Tesla delivers it's automotive experience to you in a way that allows you to have a full-featured emotional experience following the final pattern...
1) Denial - "No! They can't have pushed my EDD out that far. I'll call an SA. They couldn't have gotten it that wrong. "
2) Anger - "I Can't believe they pushed my edd doing this to me!! I am to ticked off!!! OMG I'll never see this car!!"
3) Bargaining - "If I add FSD or Tow do you think that my EDD will come in as it's a more valuable car?"
4) Depression - "Oh god. I can't even get out of bed until I check my EDD status.... oh oh... It didn't change...."
5) Acceptance - "Oh God!!! I am so happy to be accepting this car despite it's lateness!!!!"

In this forum, we're happy to help you though any stage you happen to be in during your waiting process.... I am personally in stage 3 (bargaining) presently. 2 stages to go!

:-D

Estimate 12 weeks out.

EDD Update 3: Push out delivery window start date 60 days - Scare the *sugar* out of customer (30 day window)
EDD Update 4: Pull in EDD Start date 30 days: Customer now happy even though the edd is still 75 days longer than the original estimate (30 day window)
EDD Update 5: Wait till customer is in edd window 2 days. Push out EDD Window start; 4 business days.
EDD Update 11: Remove VIN Provide no explanation (Customer hopeful... No EDD Change.

Tesla delivers it's automotive experience to you in a way that allows you to have a full-featured emotional experience following the final pattern...
1) Denial - "No! They can't have pushed my EDD out that far. I'll call an SA. They couldn't have gotten it that wrong. "
2) Anger - "I Can't believe they pushed my edd doing this to me!! I am to ticked off!!! OMG I'll never see this car!!"
3) Bargaining - "If I add FSD or Tow do you think that my EDD will come in as it's a more valuable car?"
4) Depression - "Oh god. I can't even get out of bed until I check my EDD status.... oh oh... It didn't change...."
5) Acceptance - "Oh God!!! I am so happy to be accepting this car despite it's lateness!!!!"

In this forum, we're happy to help you though any stage you happen to be in during your waiting process.... I am personally in stage 3 (bargaining) presently. 2 stages to go!

Accurate

I think a lot of us are about to be paying $750 extra anyway so that will be interesting.
We ordered same car, same day, no changes to my original edd 11.01 - 11.21
Having the car itch waiting for my car so I went to the showroom. Saw two flawless white Model Y’s. No gaps and bumper color matched with no mismatch.
Same with the Model 3’s. Flawless

OD 9/18 White/White No tow/fsd
EDD 11/13-12/11
Same car, still waiting here, still no edd changes from info in signature

Estimate 12 weeks out.

For someone that was told I'd have a car by EOQ3, this is 100% true. I think I go through most of the emotional experience on a daily/weekly basis. Ugh...

Reactions: Starway2001

Estimate 12 weeks out.

EDD pushed this morning again. Was in day 2 of the window. Think I’m in the update 13 to 19 section.
I’m not out of bed yet so I must be on emotional stage 4.