Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange and a little frustrating seeing all these vins dropping... today is day 1 of my 11 day EDD window and no vin yet. I'll check again.... any other Rocklin CA MYP (white/blk/no tow/no adds) people here with OD around 9/29? Any news? I lost $3k on a new quote for Shift to buy my Kia K900 because of how long this process is taking... totally losing interest, but so close - at least that's what the EDD is telling me.

Congrats on the VIN! It had to be you next! 😁

No scheduled delivery date yet, and this is a whole new level of angst for me I'm finding, lol. I immediately changed my financing from Tesla to a third party lender shortly after getting the VIN, which meant that I reached out to TA via text and they responded within 30 minutes of doing so with the MVPA. Just uploaded insurance card this morning w/ VIN and Tesla APP shows that portion complete..."Make Your Final Payment" is now open. "Review Agreements" is accessible too with new MVPA (which I have forwarded to my lender), but "Accept Delivery is still grayed out as it states they will contact me when it's time to schedule. Long story short, no firm delivery date yet but I don't think it is me holding up the process, just the car isn't here yet, but I'll probably just check the lot this weekend anyway ;). So excited, happy to hear you have your VIN too!

Cool, I called and asked a few questions this morning to the central call center. My EDD adjusted down a week or so, so will likely have it week before xmas, it did already leave the factory and is on a truck now so that's cool. I uploaded insurance and got financing in order too so I'm as far along as I can be until I get a firm delivery date.

Interestingly I have a VIN in the site but not in the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve S and SuzyQ4
No VIN, but the standard accept Tesla Vision followed by extreme shortening of EDD.

Now 12/15-12/19. Just discussed with wife - we are aligned to let chips fall as they may and take the car. If tax passes with 1/1/22 active date before delivery we may reconsider, but as of now I’m not betting or waiting on the credit. We bought it without… we can move forward without.

However I do hate the FOMO on the chips and improvements but that’s a losing game with Tesla. Just have to move forward. I had a HW 2.5 M3, so I’m familiar with missing out on new software features already.
Spot on. Had the same conversation in our house. Feel like I'm a founding member of the FOMO support group here when it comes to technology, but I've also been "sharing" my car with the 16 y/o who suddenly has more hours at work and school obligations. I'm losing most battles working from home, in short. We're going to love the car, and 100% agree--we bought it without counting on the credit, we can move forward without it. Blessed to be working and able to afford such luxuries.

Strange and a little frustrating seeing all these vins dropping... today is day 1 of my 11 day EDD window and no vin yet. I'll check again.... any other Rocklin CA MYP (white/blk/no tow/no adds) people here with OD around 9/29? Any news? I lost $3k on a new quote for Shift to buy my Kia K900 because of how long this process is taking... totally losing interest, but so close - at least that's what the EDD is telling me.
Same here, today is my first day of the delivery window which is 12/2-12/30 and no VIN.
Here is my info below.
Order date 9/26
Model Y Performance, black on black, no fsd, no tow hook.
Still haven't received my vin, and estimated delivery window is 12/2-12/30
Our first model Y(LR) ordered this April, and delivered in July, while waiting for this one it was frustrating.. dates kept changing every other day, it was all over the please. At the end it was pushed out few weeks but delivered in July. I was checking my app 50 times a during this time haha.
Hang in there, let's just hope it stays within our window.

Reactions: SuzyQ4
Same here, today is my first day of the delivery window which is 12/2-12/30 and no VIN.
Here is my info below.
Order date 9/26
Model Y Performance, black on black, no fsd, no tow hook.
Still haven't received my vin, and estimated delivery window is 12/2-12/30
Our first model Y(LR) ordered this April, and delivered in July, while waiting for this one it was frustrating.. dates kept changing every other day, it was all over the please. At the end it was pushed out few weeks but delivered in July. I was checking my app 50 times a during this time haha.
Hang in there, let's just hope it stays within our window.

Same clubbbbbbb.. still hangin. May get the kids CyberQuad before the MYP to be honest.. lol

07244814-9DF4-4EC4-9B22-14F29F64C35E.jpeg

unsurprisingly got VINd about an hour after my Tesla Vision acknowledgement and EDD window compression.

Just wait since you this far. I feel you man Im in the same boat. Sold off the forester xt since telsa orginal date was a couple of weeks. I had to move fast and tesla didn't give me enough money for my trade in. So for the past 2 months I have been barrowing a buddy's truck to get around.
Might be worth trading in your kia now. I think market going back to normal soon.

While Elon has said they will try to not have such a crazy EOQ push, I assume geography is still coming in to play here. You being based in Cali likely means you will take delivery close to the end of the month.

Reactions: ChamHaole
Cool, I called and asked a few questions this morning to the central call center. My EDD adjusted down a week or so, so will likely have it week before xmas, it did already leave the factory and is on a truck now so that's cool. I uploaded insurance and got financing in order too so I'm as far along as I can be until I get a firm delivery date.

Interestingly I have a VIN in the site but not in the app.
Good news. So best case scenario, the fully-loaded-truck-with-DFW-area-Teslas takes 3 days to drive from Fremont with no other stops? Asking for a friend...

The site has so much more information anyway. My app takes a while to refresh, hopefully it is more efficient when needed to operate the car.

Reactions: Steve S
Good news. So best case scenario, the fully-loaded-truck-with-DFW-area-Teslas takes 3 days to drive from Fremont with no other stops? Asking for a friend...

The site has so much more information anyway. My app takes a while to refresh, hopefully it is more efficient when needed to operate the car.

I don't really know but I would bet that's a fairly safe assumption that they're all on the same truck, but I'm going to guess there are multiple stops ( a lot of road between CA and TX ) for other deliveries. It doesn't take ANY truck driver 13 days to get across the U.S. without stopping. I'm betting it's multiple deliveries along the way.

Just wait since you this far. I feel you man Im in the same boat. Sold off the forester xt since telsa orginal date was a couple of weeks. I had to move fast and tesla didn't give me enough money for my trade in. So for the past 2 months I have been barrowing a buddy's truck to get around.
Might be worth trading in your kia now. I think market going back to normal soon.

Also same boat. I traded in my RS3 because the market was so good. However, I just got delayed almost a month and now sharing one vehicle with the wife. Very irritating.

Reactions: ChamHaole
I am picking up my Tesla MYLR today but can't seem to shake the notion that buying one of these (vs lease) might be the wrong move with the 4680 coming out so soon? Especially with the Model Y being at an all time high in price. Am I wrong to think like this?
No, you aren't wrong. Definitely reason to doubt, the 4680 should be better in every way and have some nice improvements beyond the battery.

Fortunately for you, the price on Model Y's are stupid high. Take your car. Enjoy your car.

Place an order for a second Model Y LR today or next month... or whenever. Sell your car for what or more than you paid for it... and take delivery of your new 2022 Model Y late next year.

Zero reason not to be happy about your purchase.

Reactions: SuzyQ4
No, you aren't wrong. Definitely reason to doubt, the 4680 should be better in every way and have some nice improvements beyond the battery.

Fortunately for you, the price on Model Y's are stupid high. Take your car. Enjoy your car.

Place an order for a second Model Y LR today or next month... or whenever. Sell your car for what or more than you paid for it... and take delivery of your new 2022 Model Y late next year.

Zero reason not to be happy about your purchase.
Yeh I mean, that's for NOW. Should I not be concerned about the value of the vehicle today going down so much when the new 4680 drops? Just to be clear, I got this car at the high, literally found it by serious luck last week and ordered it. 1 week turnaround so I bought at a high MSRP $62,490 (2022 model Y LR).

Yeh I mean, that's for NOW. Should I not be concerned about the value of the vehicle today going down so much when the new 4680 drops?
Nope, not enough to matter anyway. Think about it, worst case scenario for you is it loses around 15% the value of a new one over the first year... as opposed to no drop at all. What was your purchase price? I think you'll be fine even if you paid the current price, but hella good if you got it cheaper.

Nope, not enough to matter anyway. Think about it, worst case scenario for you is it loses around 15% the value of a new one over the first year... as opposed to no drop at all. What was your purchase price? I think you'll be fine even if you paid the current price, but hella good if you got it cheaper.
Yeh sorry I edited my post... check it out. I did pay current price. When you order now, you are guaranteed 4680 btw at delivery? The other thing that I feel like a lot of people don't consider when purchasing vs. lease is you're paying all of the tax upfront. So a 62k car is really more like 70k. When you go to sell it, even if you take 0 value loss, you're still out that 8k.

Yeh sorry I edited my post... check it out. I did pay current price. When you order now, you are guaranteed 4680 btw at delivery? The other thing that I feel like a lot of people don't consider when purchasing vs. lease is you're paying all of the tax upfront. So a 62k car is really more like 70k. When you go to sell it, even if you take 0 value loss, you're still out that 8k.
Yeah, I suppose that depends on the state, $8k on a $62k car seems kind of high imo. Should only be like $5000... or at least for me it is. My feeling was if I sold for only a few thousand less than purchase, the total cost for one year of ownership would be $7-8k.... which isn't that bad for a temporary car lol.

I get your concern. I think there's a good chance current orders will have 4680's, but no one knows for sure. I know I'm holding out, but I don't feel like swapping from one to the next.