Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closer. Exciting! :)

1642172217407.png

If I were Tesla, I'd sandbag on the range by using less batteries while designing the structure to accept more if needed. The idea being to keep the range the same as it is now and wait for competitors to catch up and produce similar vehicles with 350mi ranges and then without much effort, slide in more batteries to produce a 400mi range model.

If I were Tesla, I'd sandbag on the range by using less batteries while designing the structure to accept more if needed. The idea being to keep the range the same as it is now and wait for competitors to catch up and produce similar vehicles with 350mi ranges and then without much effort, slide in more batteries to produce a 400mi range model.
That is a fun idea lol. Because if they did just increase it to 400 now. Everyone else would be aiming for 400.

idk, I think Tesla is loosing it's range leading positions already. I would guess, they need to increase the range not to fall behind other auto makers.
1642178023176.png

Hi folks,
First time posting in this channel...
I initially planned to order MY but seeing the estimated delivery date, I have ordered M3LR MSM on 12/05/2021 in Kansas.
Since then my EDD for M3 was moving away and currently is at Feb-march
Intrestung part
Yesterday 01/13/22
I found a new 2022 MYLR red in inventory that was listed in Maryland.
So I instantly booked that and got VIN in couple of minutes, and delivery was scheduled in a week.
I was preparing my self for delivery with insurance and loan stuff...
Then comes the call from local tesla SA saying that vechile was damaged in shipiment process and they say that I would get a vechile in the delivery dates as previously mentioned.

Now at this point I am confused if my EDD gets pushed and would be in the line back?
Anyone with so kind experience?

idk, I think Tesla is loosing it's range leading positions already. I would guess, they need to increase the range not to fall behind other auto makers.
View attachment 755638
I read these writeups the other day. They're good. But I think we're basically approaching peak range wars. ICE cars haven't been continually packing in larger tanks to increase range beyond the 300-500 miles typical to them. I feel like once most EVs can consistently get 300 highway miles with passengers and climate control, the debate will have to pivot to faster charging and other improvements instead of chasing some massive range number.

Hi folks,
I initially planned to order MY but seeing the estimated delivery date, I have ordered M3LR MSM on 12/05/2021 in Kansas.
Intrestung part
Yesterday 01/13/22
So I instantly booked that and got VIN in couple of minutes, and delivery was scheduled in a week.
Then comes the call from local tesla SA saying that vechile was damaged in shipiment process and they say that I would get a vechile in the delivery dates as previously mentioned.

Now at this point I am confused if my EDD gets pushed and would be in the line back?
I had an MYP delivered in mid December that was damaged, so I got thrown back in the queue as well when the car was returned. My current date range is 01/14-02/07. Not sure how much longer it is for the LR variants, but with the P variant it appears that it costs you about a month+. Best of luck!

Hi folks,
Intrestung part
Yesterday 01/13/22

Hello fellow Kansan, Looks like you ordered a LR and this thread is for MYP. But anyway, its probably best to ask the SA. I wouldnt think you'd be put in the back. Has your EDD been pushed?

I read these writeups the other day. They're good. But I think we're basically approaching peak range wars. ICE cars haven't been continually packing in larger tanks to increase range beyond the 300-500 miles typical to them. I feel like once most EVs can consistently get 300 highway miles with passengers and climate control, the debate will have to pivot to faster charging and other improvements instead of chasing some massive range number.
Many new ICE cars have range over 400 miles AND gas stations at every corner. Until we get a lot better charging infrastructure we need to have longer EV range. REAL EV range today especially during cold winter can be rather low, at or less than 200 miles. Plus recommendations to keep charge in 20-80% to preserve battery life affects real usable range as well.

Reactions: IdahoRenegade
Many new ICE cars have range over 400 miles AND gas stations at every corner. Until we get a lot better charging infrastructure we need to have longer EV range. REAL EV range today especially during cold winter can be rather low, at or less than 200 miles. Plus recommendations to keep charge in 20-80% to preserve battery life affects real usable range as well.
Yes, that's why I said, once we get to 300 highway miles or so across the board, the benefit of improving charging speeds & infrastructure et al likely exceed those of further increasing range. Like I said, gas cars don't have range wars with a 300-500 mile range. If there was fast charging even close to approaching the ubiquity of gas stations, the problem would be solved.

Sidebar, I mean real-world usable range here; the EPA's range rating system is completely unrealistic for most use cases in this country and should be nuked from orbit and redesigned. Maybe they could produce a "city" range as well as "range at 75 mph" or something along those lines? Maybe with a summer and winter number? I'm sure some smart engineers could come up with something far better than what they have today.

Reactions: IdahoRenegade
Hi folks,
Intrestung part
Yesterday 01/13/22

If I were you I would go get another inventory model, instead of waiting.