Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it looks like my Intel Atom MCU delivery on Saturday can't be release and put on hold. From Tesla via text when I asked:

That sucks... I feel like I'm getting a 2021 car in 2022 when I'm buying a new one. I realize I have a fantastic price on it, which allowed me to add FSD to it and still be under current price without (much higher margin for Tesla on this). Still...
No offense but you're paying for a 2019 car and getting a 2022 car and you are complaining? I'll take that reservation from you and you can have my reservation from November that has never been on hold but has been delayed by 3 months by Tesla, I am sure when my car comes next month it will be late enough that Ryzen or Intel won't be an issue any more.

So, it looks like my Intel Atom MCU delivery on Saturday can't be release and put on hold. From Tesla via text when I asked:

That sucks... I feel like I'm getting a 2021 car in 2022 when I'm buying a new one. I realize I have a fantastic price on it, which allowed me to add FSD to it and still be under current price without (much higher margin for Tesla on this). Still...
Your order date was 2019?

No offense but you're paying for a 2019 car and getting a 2022 car and you are complaining? I'll take that reservation from you and you can have my reservation from November that has never been on hold but has been delayed by 3 months by Tesla, I am sure when my car comes next month it will be late enough that Ryzen or Intel won't be an issue any more.
I'd even throw some cash your way to make up a portion of the difference and fly to where ever you are to pick it up and still have enough money saved up to take my wife to Vegas for the weekend.

Just posting again since I am seeing movement in Houston with these recent posts. No changes to my EDD however...

MYLR, White/Black Interior/no tow/no FSD (original order)
OD: 1/15
MYP, MSM/Black Interior/no tow/no FSD (updated order)
Updated: 1/20
EDD: 2/25 - 3/25
Im in htown as well. Sure hope we get them next month. Preferably early🙏.

MYP Wht/Blk no extras
OD:2/5
EDD: 3/5-31
No vin

I hear everyone. But, let’s be clear, Tesla could have handled the MCU issue better. The lack of communication as to whether an upgrade could potentially be available in the future is upsetting. Also, I did add FSD to it, which has a fairly large margin for them.

Yes, the reservation is that old. But I was a COVID layoff for more than 10 months, so that delayed things a lot.

And, I’m getting a 2022 car for the price is not exactly an accurate assessment. My 2019 car would have had power passenger seats. So, I’m actually getting less than what I was expecting when I placed the down payment. I also have the same MCU that my 2018 M3 has. One side would say that’s accurate since you ordered on launch day. The other side will note that it’s 4 years later and the MCU is still the same?

I was out to a family Dinner the other night and my wife was brining up the fact that i have become obsessed with this MYP and this forum.....My father and Brother (Both Engineers) Both thought I was crazy for wanting to wait for the 4680 battery when the 2160 is "Battle Tested" and works well. My Brother also stated that the best of both worlds would be the AMD with the 2160 and that he had heard horror stories about Tesla service. "Imagine what that would be like with an Entire new system with an integrated battery system if there are any issues with the new Tech...." Both of them stated that the 4680 maybe great but why are you taking a chance on something that is untested for 70k?

And my wife reminded me that We are just going to trade it in, in 2-3 years anyway.
Just get it and enjoy it. Im really considering staying with the AMD 2160. I don't have the patience to deal with issues that are "Untested" for minimal gains......

I hear everyone. But, let’s be clear, Tesla could have handled the MCU issue better. The lack of communication as to whether an upgrade could potentially be available in the future is upsetting. Also, I did add FSD to it, which has a fairly large margin for them.

Yes, the reservation is that old. But I was a COVID layoff for more than 10 months, so that delayed things a lot.

And, I’m getting a 2022 car for the price is not exactly an accurate assessment. My 2019 car would have had power passenger seats. So, I’m actually getting less than what I was expecting when I placed the down payment. I also have the same MCU that my 2018 M3 has. One side would say that’s accurate since you ordered on launch day. The other side will note that it’s 4 years later and the MCU is still the same?
One second, since when did the power passenger seat go away? I thought they just took out adjustable lumbar support?

Tesla sucks at a lot of things, I certainly agree with that but any other company would have cancelled your order a long time ago and made you reorder. I am serious in my offer to you though if you really want AMD that bad. I have been having to borrow cars and even had to rent a few times to get work done waiting on a car I was supposed to receive on 12/29. A 1 week weather delay has now turned into 2-3 months "we hope". I am more than happy to take that off your hands and pass my entire Tesla account to you for a MYP in your choice of White or Black. Both are due for delivery in March in the Seattle area. Based upon my current "soft match" both cars will have Ryzen and both will have all season tires.

Reactions: mrc73 and Dreadstar
I was out to a family Dinner the other night and my wife was brining up the fact that i have become obsessed with this MYP and this forum.....My father and Brother (Both Engineers) Both thought I was crazy for wanting to wait for the 4680 battery when the 2160 is "Battle Tested" and works well. My Brother also stated that the best of both worlds would be the AMD with the 2160 and that he had heard horror stories about Tesla service. "Imagine what that would be like with an Entire new system with an integrated battery system if there are any issues with the new Tech...." Both of them stated that the 4680 maybe great but why are you taking a chance on something that is untested for 70k?

And my wife reminded me that We are just going to trade it in, in 2-3 years anyway.
Just get it and enjoy it. Im really considering staying with the AMD 2160. I don't have the patience to deal with issues that are "Untested" for minimal gains......
Sounds like you need to trade your wife in.

J/k

Updating this thread before I leave out of here.

Black/Black MYP - No Tow - No FSD
Bay Area, California
Original Order date - 10/25
Original EDD - 12/15 - 12/31 - narrowed to 12/28-12/31. Put order on hold on 12/29. Never got vin assigned though.
Hold taken off 1/10. Edd of March 1-31st.
EDD changed a few times, most recently is was 2/22 to 3/22. Changed to 2/23 to 3/8 a few nights ago.
VIN today - 382, confirmed on text and chat AMD Ryzen, A/S tires, and New Li Ion battery.
I live close to the factory but they are delivering to my house 3/25 (2 days after VIN)

Good luck to everyone!