Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my MYP at the Irvine, CA Tesla center today. I was able to take a delivery 1 day earlier than my scheduled date. Called into the center changed my appointment and SA said that my car was going to go through inspection and detail. Upon arriving, I checked in, signed all the agreements on my phone and was informed that my car was at stall 123. SA sent me out there by myself to get to know the car. Walked over to the stall where my car was parked and the car was spotless. Extremely clean and exterior paint was smooth. Spent some time looking everything over and all through this purchase was really a no frills experience the QC on the car extremely impressive. All exterior and interior body panels was aligned, all doors closed nice and flush, really zero of the issues many reported here on the site. Only thing that will get replaced is a little scratch next to the steering wheel button. That's it! SA help answered couple questions and I was off with a brand new MYP. AMD, heated wipers, new batter, Pzero tires was the main build.

Lastly, prior to taking delivery and never driven a MYP, I was already exploring suspension options based on what I read on multiple forums. After putting some miles on it today, I love the suspension. Ain't no Lexus but really a sport suspension like feel. Cruising So Cal roads, the suspension was extremely compliant and nothing I feel I will find myself worrying about.

That said, although the wait, I am extremely excited about my MPY AS IS. I'll look to do some storage accessories, tint, PPF and that's it! I too was way into the weeds in forum knowledge to even owning the car. I was literally days away from placing orders for suspension which I would've regretted and wasted money for making early conclusions based on feedback. I know it's tough, my advise to those waiting, is to not make any early conclusion while waiting for your delivery.

Good luck to those anticipating delivery!

Attachments

• 4D23AAE2-739E-4F0F-B078-C4899E0D4130.jpeg
    4D23AAE2-739E-4F0F-B078-C4899E0D4130.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 96
Got my delivery text this morning. It's a home delivery. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have time to do the full checklist before accepting delivery?
Im in Houston too. I didnt have the option to pick up (although when I ordered it was set to be picked up at tesla center). I called and they were able to change it for me. From my research, its better to go there for a few reasons. 1. Reject car for whatever reason; 2. Minor things they apparently maybe able to fix that day (without having to wait for service appointment); 3. If you dont have the nema adapter that is always sold out, they apparently likely have one. These points may or not be true, I got all the info off of this forum and reddit

Got my delivery text this morning. It's a home delivery. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have time to do the full checklist before accepting delivery?
What side of town do you live on? I was told by someone at the westiemer location that home delivery is optional. I think id rather take delivery at the service center. Im really hoping to get a vin this week🤞

Took delivery of my MYP at the Irvine, CA Tesla center today. I was able to take a delivery 1 day earlier than my scheduled date. Called into the center changed my appointment and SA said that my car was going to go through inspection and detail. Upon arriving, I checked in, signed all the agreements on my phone and was informed that my car was at stall 123. SA sent me out there by myself to get to know the car. Walked over to the stall where my car was parked and the car was spotless. Extremely clean and exterior paint was smooth. Spent some time looking everything over and all through this purchase was really a no frills experience the QC on the car extremely impressive. All exterior and interior body panels was aligned, all doors closed nice and flush, really zero of the issues many reported here on the site. Only thing that will get replaced is a little scratch next to the steering wheel button. That's it! SA help answered couple questions and I was off with a brand new MYP. AMD, heated wipers, new batter, Pzero tires was the main build.

Lastly, prior to taking delivery and never driven a MYP, I was already exploring suspension options based on what I read on multiple forums. After putting some miles on it today, I love the suspension. Ain't no Lexus but really a sport suspension like feel. Cruising So Cal roads, the suspension was extremely compliant and nothing I feel I will find myself worrying about.

That said, although the wait, I am extremely excited about my MPY AS IS. I'll look to do some storage accessories, tint, PPF and that's it! I too was way into the weeds in forum knowledge to even owning the car. I was literally days away from placing orders for suspension which I would've regretted and wasted money for making early conclusions based on feedback. I know it's tough, my advise to those waiting, is to not make any early conclusion while waiting for your delivery.

Good luck to those anticipating delivery!
I agree 100%, just got my MYP on Saturday and put 150 miles on it already and love the wheels and suspension as well - to each there own but it feels nice and tight - if you are on the fence on the MYP try to drive one. I REALY like walking up the car and seeing those huge 21" wheels, with that nice wide stance - so damn cool.

Also, drove home with AP and yeah it does like trucks but isn' that bad - keep your foot on the pedal to override and your good to go unitl Tesla fixes it. PB was bad a few years ago in the M3 and Tesla was able to fix it. Hang in there, Y is just overall amazing.

Haha idk, i'll let you know in 2 days. May have to reapply.
How is Wells Holding financing for over 60 days?
My financing offer just expired after 60 days today, so I need to reapply. Sucks because it looks like the 2.49% I was previously approved for is no longer available. Tesla is advertising 2.74% now. I’m going to call Tesla tomorrow and ask for the original 2.49%.