Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright so took delivery yesterday. So when I got there we found the car and it was completely filthy , hadn’t even been touched by the service team , they took it back and cleaned it and then showed me a major paint defect in the A pillar that wil req it being re painted , the other a pillar also has a small scratch . Tesla is gonna fix it but would of been nice if they would of actually inspected the car before I got there . Other than that there is no panel gaps and once the car was cleaned up it looked great, I was disappointed with the issues but the car drives amazing and is definitely a lot quiet than my model 3. I’m happy with the car

Attachments

• 2C5D6415-650F-4FD9-A48E-BE971564483C.jpeg
    2C5D6415-650F-4FD9-A48E-BE971564483C.jpeg
    858.8 KB · Views: 107
  • C0E7EE86-E903-4D0A-A990-27B449CB0BD2.jpeg
    C0E7EE86-E903-4D0A-A990-27B449CB0BD2.jpeg
    731.8 KB · Views: 74
  • D5253298-7E49-4C31-9CDA-807C0B1DA157.jpeg
    D5253298-7E49-4C31-9CDA-807C0B1DA157.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 84
  • DEA3381C-ED23-480D-9563-DC3CB713279C.jpeg
    DEA3381C-ED23-480D-9563-DC3CB713279C.jpeg
    819.3 KB · Views: 77
OD 1/27/22
MYP MSM/White - No adds
Original EDD - March
Been 3/8/22-3/31/22 since it updated to a date, no changes, no VIN

New EDD this morning (2/26/22)3/1-3/12
No VIN

Arizona
New dates today (3/2)
New EDD 3/5-3/28. I really enjoyed my 3 days in the "2 week window", thanks for the ride Tesla. Moved right back into the "3 week" window. Still no VIN.

My original order EDD was March, so I'm not complaining as it's still well within that window.

Reactions: KRS1017
Well.

DFW. Msm, No tow, no FSD.
OD 11/4.
still stuck at 3-5/3-11

Im really happy for everyone that has gotten their orders. But this is nuts. No Idea whats going on. The DFW folks who have ordered when I did have mostly all gotten their orders. Wasn't the point of ordering the MYP to get it quicker?
Ive never had a hold, no trade in. nothing

Reactions: ALSET1680
Well.

DFW. Msm, No tow, no FSD.
OD 11/4.
still stuck at 3-5/3-11

Im really happy for everyone that has gotten their orders. But this is nuts. No Idea whats going on. The DFW folks who have ordered when I did have mostly all gotten their orders. Wasn't the point of ordering the MYP to get it quicker?
Ive never had a hold, no trade in. nothing
Yikes you're scaring me now. Good luck hopefully soon

Does it feel noticeably bigger to drive than the M3?
Morning.
I have driven the MYP (That I have on order) and Ive "borrowed" it for 48 hours from Tesla. As well, Ive driven the MYLR. I currently own a M3 Standard and M3P.

My input is, IMO, the M3P is literally stuck to the ground when you drive it. It feels like less of a sedan and more of a sports car. Extremely quick handling and acceleration that is thrilling. The M3P is a ridiculously fun car to drive. Even the model three standard, is super fun to drive. It still also feels very stuck to the ground, and handles like it's on rails. The acceleration is very good, not even close to the M3P, BUT it will accelerate pretty much any car on the road for a short bit.

On the other hand, I drove the MYLR ,
and I felt the acceleration in the handling was very smooth and nice. But coming from a model three, it wasn't for me.

The MYP, On the other hand, definitely has a bit more body role than the model three. It accelerates very quickly, but unlike the model three you can definitely feel that it's heavier. It's heavier in the sense that there is a slight pause, and handling and acceleration. It's very slight, but it doesn't drive like an SUV. It drives like a large hatchback that's been lifted. I've never been in an SUV, other than a Lamborghini URUS, that accelerates like this.

Also the suspension on the MYP, is definitely tighter and rougher than the M3P.

But the limiting factor, of the model three, being the truck space headspace. Made move on from the three to the Y

Last edited:
Welp - After declining 1 VIN, and received a damaged VIN in early December, I finally have my car. A few observations:

1) I really get the feeling that whomever prepares these cars for delivery really doesn't care. There were stickers left on the roof glass, misc junk on the floor, chip in the paint, goo left on the trim, and a general lack of care and attention that you'd expect when you're picking up a nearly $70k car. I tried to chat with someone about these issues at delivery, and no one was around. Ghosted. I noted them on the service app and accepted delivery.

2) The MYP is much quieter than my wife's 2019 Model 3.

3) The ride of the MYP with the 21" wheels isn't bad. It is choppy on rough roads, but not nearly as harsh as what I was fearing after reading some reports. If you're careful not to punch it directly into a pothole, I think these will be fine for our crappy Montana roads.

4) The phantom braking is NO JOKE. I almost got hit. Empty highway, autopilot on, coming up behind an 18-wheeler with another car going faster than me approaching from the behind,, timing was such that I expected the car behind me to pass me before I changed lanes to pass the truck, but as the car got about 4 car lengths behind me and I was about 10 car lengths from the truck, the MYP slammed on the brakes and the guy behind me had to do the same and change lanes. He looked at me like I was crazy or an a-hole which is understandable. I was shocked. For the remainder of the trip, it did the same as I approached about 50% of the same truck situation, and almost 100% of the time it would slam on the brakes whenever I encountered an 18-wheeler coming the other way on a 2-lane road. This was with both TACC and autopilot. It's un-usable and IMO dangerous. Nothing like the radar-equipped Model 3 that my wife has which handles these situations with ease. Camera-only sucks. The car was delivered with 2021.43.102 so I'm hopeful that an over the air update will improve things, but why Tesla chose to deliver a car with this build is beyond me... Autopilot and TACC should be disabled when it's this bad. It's a definite risk and a really poor representation of the Tesla experience for anyone who just got a new car. Shameful.

5) It's funny how stoked I was when I placed the order, but now after all this drama, I feel kind of ambivalent about the car. This sucks because it's the most expensive car I've ever purchased, and the whole Tesla experience of vague EDD's, damaged cars delivered, carelessness of preparation, poor workmanship and software quality... all these things just leave a bad taste. I was the biggest Tesla fan and supporter 6 months ago, but now I'm not so sure. Tesla as a company just doesn't engender trust to me... they seem like they're shooting from the hip, making mistakes, failing to take responsibility for these mistakes, and expecting the customer to be adapt/accept for all these misgivings. The whole vibe feels arrogant and weird and consequently my pride of ownership has taken a serious hit. Just venting here, but that's my feeling about the whole experience.

Here's the car with some temporary PPF applied and mudflaps that I had to install at pickup - because in Tesla's wisdom, you don't need mudflaps or PPF in the rocky mountains. SMH.

Attachments

• Tesla 05.JPG
    Tesla 05.JPG
    585.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: advocate8
Welp - After declining 1 VIN, and received a damaged VIN in early December, I finally have my car. A few observations:

1) I really get the feeling that whomever prepares these cars for delivery really doesn't care. There were stickers left on the roof glass, misc junk on the floor, chip in the paint, goo left on the trim, and a general lack of care and attention that you'd expect when you're picking up a nearly $70k car. I tried to chat with someone about these issues at delivery, and no one was around. Ghosted. I noted them on the service app and accepted delivery.

2) The MYP is much quieter than my wife's 2019 Model 3.

3) The ride of the MYP with the 21" wheels isn't bad. It is choppy on rough roads, but not nearly as harsh as what I was fearing after reading some reports. If you're careful not to punch it directly into a pothole, I think these will be fine for our crappy Montana roads.

4) The phantom braking is NO JOKE. I almost got hit. Empty highway, autopilot on, coming up behind an 18-wheeler with another car going faster than me approaching from the behind,, timing was such that I expected the car behind me to pass me before I changed lanes to pass the truck, but as the car got about 4 car lengths behind me and I was about 10 car lengths from the truck, the MYP slammed on the brakes and the guy behind me had to do the same and change lanes. He looked at me like I was crazy or an a-hole which is understandable. I was shocked. For the remainder of the trip, it did the same as I approached about 50% of the same truck situation, and almost 100% of the time it would slam on the brakes whenever I encountered an 18-wheeler coming the other way on a 2-lane road. This was with both TACC and autopilot. It's un-usable and IMO dangerous. Nothing like the radar-equipped Model 3 that my wife has which handles these situations with ease. Camera-only sucks. The car was delivered with 2021.43.102 so I'm hopeful that an over the air update will improve things, but why Tesla chose to deliver a car with this build is beyond me... Autopilot and TACC should be disabled when it's this bad. It's a definite risk and a really poor representation of the Tesla experience for anyone who just got a new car. Shameful.

5) It's funny how stoked I was when I placed the order, but no after all this drama, I feel kind of ambivalent about the car. This sucks because it's the most expensive car I've ever purchased, and the whole Tesla experience of vague EDD's, damaged cars delivered, carelessness of preparation, poor workmanship and software quality... all these things just leave a bad taste. I was the biggest Tesla fan and supporter 6 months ago, but now I'm not so sure. Tesla as a company just doesn't engender trust to me... they seem like they're shooting from the hip, making mistakes, failing to take responsibility for these mistakes, and expecting the customer to be adapt/accept for all these misgivings. The whole vibe feels arrogant and weird and consequently my pride of ownership has taken a serious hit. Just venting here, but that's my feeling about the whole experience.

Here's the car with some temporary PPF applied and mudflaps that I had to install at pickup - because in Tesla's wisdom, you don't need mudflaps or PPF in the rocky mountains. SMH.

thanks for this. Super appreciate the honesty and how well written this was. My wife and I had our first case of Phantom Breaking last week, while she was driving. It scared the *sugar* out of her. It honestly scared me more from her reaction then from the braking.
Almost the SAME exact situation as you

Reactions: Montucky
I picked up my MYP yesterday. There were no panel gaps to speak of or none that were blaringly obvious. The steering wheel however is slightly off center, not sure if I want them to fix that or not. I believe I saw another post on here saying that when Tesla fixed it they messed up the alignment. The biggest issue is there is a dent on the front passenger fender well. I was scheduled to get my car matte wrapped in 2 weeks and had to call and have it rescheduled.
IMG_0953.jpg

I picked up my MYP yesterday. There were no panel gaps to speak of or none that were blaringly obvious. The steering wheel however is slightly off center, not sure if I want them to fix that or not. I believe I saw another post on here saying that when Tesla fixed it they messed up the alignment. The biggest issue is there is a dent on the front passenger fender well. I was scheduled to get my car matte wrapped in 2 weeks and had to call and have it rescheduled.
View attachment 775764
Bummer. If you can see it with your eyes, they should be able to as well and fix it before you pick it up. Tesla needs to elevate their game. Off-center steering wheels and dented fenders don't belong on new $70k cars.