Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, classic Tesla, can't tell you what's going on.

I gave up my trade in value. I opted to remove the trade from the account for now so there was nothing pending (based on the "advice" of an advisor). My account did switch to showing there was nothing for me to do until delivery was closer but is still showing Dec - Feb... half tempted to order another one and this time start from the get go that there isn't a trade and see if that keeps me in range for Aug-Oct.

I'm just nervous because if my trade tanks $3,000 or $4,000 I'll probably be in a position of having to cancel the order. It's really really hard to justify like $8k out of pocket just to move up to a Performance when I have a perfectly good LR with FSD and Boost. Right now it's around $4k out of pocket, which already is probably something I shouldn't blow money on, but it's closer to that impulse range. I also would only take about a 0.25% interest rate hit from my lender... come December and onward though, who knows where interest is and trade values. If interest on auto loans moves up another 0.5% or maybe even 1% or something AND I lose a few more grand on the trade... well like I said, I have a perfectly good Tesla right now, the responsible thing would be to just be happy with it then...

While I WANT Red/White, I probably would be open to changing colors if it meant I could get the car in the next 30 to 90 days (seriously seriously if it meant before the end of August)

Staff don't really know any more than we do though, and this actually is a new "normal" for Tesla, my previous Y and the 3 I had before that both adhered to a very strict shipping schedule. Nothing (besides S/X) came to the Pacific NW before the last month of the quarter, everything else was making it's way across for deliveries to start on the East coast. It finally seems they've moved away from that since we're still seeing people in WA/OR getting VINs assigned and cars delivered late in this month (so not just a hold over that got slightly delayed in June's shipping).

I want to walk into University Village and be like "Guys, just swap out the demo car you guys have and put my Y in there, it's perfect without a single scratch and come end of quarter when you sell the demos, someone will get a KILLER deal on mine since it has 9K miles on it!" lol
Stay strong for red/white
photo_2022-07-22 18.34.34.jpeg

(yes I need to pressure wash the driveway - pay attention to the car ;-) )

Reactions: Bridge
An update, although they told me the EDD date would revert back to August through October it still hasn’t updated anywhere and I am still showing December 7 through February 1. This is driving me a bit crazy because although they say it will be updated it hasn’t happened and I just want to see it reflect in the app. They incest that I haven’t lost my place in line and then it will update but could take a week or more to reflect anywhere in the system.
So woke up this morning and to my surprise my EDD went from Dec 7-Feb 1 to Sept. 18-Oct 30th. Oh Happy Days 😎

Yeah, that’s a bit of a bummer for people like me who ordered a MYP and it said August to October when ordering and expected that to be the case but now am getting pushed back. Grrrr
Yeah, people model switching should definitely not be keeping spots in line from the original order date of another model. Most equitable, at best, would be to like calculate % place in the queue, and apply that to their spot in the new queue, and they have the data to do that.

Reactions: RCHume
Yeah, people model switching should definitely not be keeping spots in line from the original order date of another model. Most equitable, at best, would be to like calculate % place in the queue, and apply that to their spot in the new queue, and they have the data to do that.
I dunno, if I'm in the cafeteria line and I'm ahead of you and originally ordered the club sandwich but as I got closer to the register and decided I rather have the last piece of meat loaf which is what you wanted, Should you get the meat loaf before me? It sucks but it is what it is. Priorrity should go to the person in line first but obviously we've seen examples with Tesla doing the opposite. There are still folks waiting on LRs from June/August while those who have ordered the exact same configs who ordered much later get theirs first. We're all just at the mercy of whatever it is Tesla wants to do it seems.

I dunno, if I'm in the cafeteria line and I'm ahead of you and originally ordered the club sandwich but as I got closer to the register and decided I rather have the last piece of meat loaf which is what you wanted, Should you get the meat loaf before me? It sucks but it is what it is. Priorrity should go to the person in line first but obviously we've seen examples with Tesla doing the opposite. There are still folks waiting on LRs from June/August while those who have ordered the exact same configs who ordered much later get theirs first. We're all just at the mercy of whatever it is Tesla wants to do it seems.
That’s not exactly the same.

If someone said up front, “It’s a 20 minute wait for your club or 5 minutes for meat loaf that costs $2 more” and you choose the club knowing these factors. I say I want to go ahead and pay the extra $2 and get the meat loaf. Then you then decide you are tired of waiting and want to go ahead and pay the extra money and switch to the meat that I already ordered. Should you be able to step back up front after I have ordered and take what I wanted? Even though you passed on it originally based on cost, time, or preference?

That’s not exactly the same.

If someone said up front, “It’s a 20 minute wait for your club or 5 minutes for meat loaf that costs $2 more” and you choose the club knowing these factors. I say I want to go ahead and pay the extra $2 and get the meat loaf. Then you then decide you are tired of waiting and want to go ahead and pay the extra money and switch to the meat that I already ordered. Should you be able to step back up front after I have ordered and take what I wanted? Even though you passed on it originally based on cost, time, or preference?
In my scenario, I've ordered and I'm still being tended to while you're still in line behind me. Had I gotten my club sandwich and then changed my mind that you're in the right to get the meat loaf but I was still being tended to. Your order was placed but the chef is tending to the order numbers as they come in. My order number in the system is ahead of yours so the chef will get to mine before he makes yours. He won't even know he's out of meat loaf until your order number on the spin rack / system comes up. But we both know that's not exactly how Tesla works. It seems more likely they take the higher profit orders 90% of the time. Seems like they fulfill 9 of the higher profit orders and then toss in 1 of the old orders. Either way it sucks we all have to wait so long.

In my scenario, I've ordered and I'm still being tended to while you're still in line behind me. Had I gotten my club sandwich and then changed my mind that you're in the right to get the meat loaf but I was still being tended to. Your order was placed but the chef is tending to the order numbers as they come in. My order number in the system is ahead of yours so the chef will get to mine before he makes yours. He won't even know he's out of meat loaf until your order number on the spin rack / system comes up. But we both know that's not exactly how Tesla works. It seems more likely they take the higher profit orders 90% of the time. Seems like they fulfill 9 of the higher profit orders and then toss in 1 of the old orders. Either way it sucks we all have to wait so long.
If Tesla didn’t advertise deliver estimates at the time of reservation that were different per variant of each model, that would make sense. You place an order and you go in line.

But they don’t, they tell you an estimate based on specifications. That’s why I don’t see this as the same thing. It’s not like you put down for a Y and the estimate is standard, and then you pick and choose the options up to the point you get a VIN and your place stays the same.

If Tesla didn’t advertise deliver estimates at the time of reservation that were different per variant of each model, that would make sense. You place an order and you go in line.

But they don’t, they tell you an estimate based on specifications. That’s why I don’t see this as the same thing. It’s not like you put down for a Y and the estimate is standard, and then you pick and choose the options up to the point you get a VIN and your place stays the same.
Well, if my price gets to stay the same at the time of my ordering then maybe Tesla is doing their best to honor the estimated date of delivery along with it.

Well, if my price gets to stay the same at the time of my ordering then maybe Tesla is doing their best to honor the estimated date of delivery along with it.
I guess that’s my problem with it. The choice is given up front. So by others changing variants later on, it changes what was estimated for the option I chose, and Tesla is not doing its best in honoring that. They don’t let you change models with your deposit for vehicles with different lead times, even though a VIN is not provided. So showing different lead times on variants should be treated differently if the changes requested would increase the lead time on an original order.

Everyone gets to make their decision based on the information Tesla gives. But then my decision is effected because someone else changes their mind or is impatient. If it had no effect on other people who decided to pay more up front to either not wait or preferred the Performance package, then obviously no one would care. Or if all variations has the same lead time, it wouldn’t matter.

I look at it as a salad bar line and a hot item line. There are 50 people in the hot item line but only 10 in the salad bar line. Someone gets up to number four or five in the hot item line and sees that it’s chicken. They decide they don’t want chicken and then move over to the salad bar line and just step one or two behind the front of the line because “they’ve already waited their time.”

Yes in this example the Performance is the salad :)

Now I feel like if there was a single estimated wait for either car but people noticed Performance guys were getting deliveries towards the earlier estimate while long range was towards the end of the estimated window that would make a little more sense. Then it would feel like everyone is waiting in line (say at a grocery store) and manager says the self checkout is open and a couple people step out of that line to go use self check out and be out of the store faster.

Once two separate lines with different wait times are created, people usually don’t freely move between the two… at least without getting punched in the face by someone further back in line, lol

Reactions: jakeg1111
MYP White/white, No tow
OD: June 15, 2022

June 15th = 1st EDD: September 18 - October 30
June 28th = Added EAP
June 29th = Got text asking if we wanted to change color we could get a different car (replied no)
June 29th = 2nd EDD: August 8 - September 12
July 13th = 3rd EDD: July 24 - August 7 (2 week window)
July 15th = Got text asking about trade
July 25th = 4th EDD: August 17 - September 14

MYP White/white, No tow
OD: June 15, 2022

June 15th = 1st EDD: September 18 - October 30
June 28th = Added EAP
June 29th = Got text asking if we wanted to change color we could get a different car (replied no)
June 29th = 2nd EDD: August 8 - September 12
July 13th = 3rd EDD: July 24 - August 7 (2 week window)
July 15th = Got text asking about trade
July 25th = 4th EDD: August 17 - September 14
So you in your 2 week window and then got delayed by a month... dang.