Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MYP (White hitch, no FSD, White interior) on 7/18. EDD hasn't changed, it says 9/12 thru 10/17. I checked today what range it would give me if I order a new one today, gives you August thru October. this EDD system is messed up. My only hope is they have an allotted production of so many models per quarter and they keep your red ticket in the Quarter bowl. We shall see. I am also paying cash, no trade in to make things easier. My old Macan is due for state inspection on 10/31 and I rather get rid of it before then.

Found them a couple years ago based on feedback here. They had amazing rates (as low as 1.99% out to 84 months for awhile!). They’ve gone up some, but still really competitive. I’m a little annoyed I wasn’t able to get into the top best rate… would’ve been able to by October which was my original estimation… but whatever, it’s like $13/mo. My concern was a low monthly debt burden in case I try to get into a house in the next year or so… with these stupid markets sometimes literally every dollar matters. I can always pay way more monthly whenever.

I wouldn’t normally recommend 84 month loans if that’s the only way you can afford it. In my case I’m paying under $400/mo 🤣
Wow great, thank you!!!

I ordered my MYP (White hitch, no FSD, White interior) on 7/18. EDD hasn't changed, it says 9/12 thru 10/17. I checked today what range it would give me if I order a new one today, gives you August thru October. this EDD system is messed up. My only hope is they have an allotted production of so many models per quarter and they keep your red ticket in the Quarter bowl. We shall see. I am also paying cash, no trade in to make things easier. My old Macan is due for state inspection on 10/31 and I rather get rid of it before then.
Ha! you haven't seen nothing yet! 😂

I’ve read that the toe hitch is what delays these EDDs though I am uncertain. Someone posted a similar thread ordering tow hitch and a few days later his EDD shifted way out. When he removed the tow hitch after reading about it, his EDD moved forward. Guessing there’s a shortage.

Well, if I’m being honest, I’ve seen people with the exact configuration of my order, same location (SoCal) and only differences being they ordered AFTER me and do not have tow hitch, and many times already have received vin and delivery sechuduled or completed, so idk…
I don't think there is a hitch shortage, too many people are getting vins with hitches, but I think the system checks for who should get a car after its built and they just make more cars without hitches. So the odds are better without one. We are all just guessing though, right! I think you are due as well, good luck! I am not feeling confident. expecting another push. I think I live in an over populated area with too many Tesla orders, I think I chose a bad service center that gets less orders fulfilled as well. I wish I would have chose a better one a half hour further. Even when I ordered my SC was like oh those SC's get more cars. I didn't think about it.

This is one example of tow hitch orders (even about 3 weeks earlier than non-tow hitch order, getting matched to a VIN sooner.

Attachments

• 3987E89C-EC26-4BBA-B642-3840146EBCE3.png
    3987E89C-EC26-4BBA-B642-3840146EBCE3.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 54
MYP - 5 seater - Black exterior - White interior - 21" Überturbine - Tow - FSD

Order Date: 5/13

EDD 1: July 28-Sep 1

EDD 2: (updated on July 17): July 27-Aug 10

EDD 3: (updated on July 24): July 29-Aug 10

EDD 4: (updated on July 30th): August 25 - September 29. This inspired me to change from black interior to white interior and add tow hitch.

EDD 5: (updated on August 4th): August 15 - August 29.

Delivery Location: Los Angeles, CA

Still, no VIN.. yet.

Removing Tow Hitch today because my SA didnt respond yesterday to my request. Now to wait more days for an update.

I honestly don’t mind living my life and waiting but it’s the fact that the loan offer I have expires 09/15.

MYP - 5 seater - Black exterior - White interior - 21" Überturbine - Tow - FSD

Order Date: 5/13

EDD 1: July 28-Sep 1

EDD 2: (updated on July 17): July 27-Aug 10

EDD 3: (updated on July 24): July 29-Aug 10

EDD 4: (updated on July 30th): August 25 - September 29. This inspired me to change from black interior to white interior and add tow hitch.

EDD 5: (updated on August 4th): August 15 - August 29.

Delivery Location: Los Angeles, CA

Still, no VIN.. yet.

Removing Tow Hitch today because my SA didnt respond yesterday to my request. Now to wait more days for an update.

I honestly don’t mind living my life and waiting but it’s the fact that the loan offer I have expires 09/15.
you can remove it yourself. just go in the app change your finance to third party financing. that will add edit car to your website page. Go to the website remove hitch and then go back and set to cash again

you can remove it yourself. just go in the app change your finance to third party financing. that will add edit car to your website page. Go to the website remove hitch and then go back and set to cash again
you are changing your financing to an incomplete state basically. you just need to have the app say you need to complete your tasks. after selecting third party financing you can get out of there. you dont need to actually pick one

I asked my SA for my soft date. Here’s his reply.

Hi James, your current delivery window is August 15 - August 29, we do not have any other information outside of that window. Other advisors might provide personal estimates based off of what they have been seeing but they are still just best guesses until you get matched to a VIN from our factory.

You can expect to take delivery within about 10-14 days after being matched to a VIN in most cases.
It definitely depends who and how you ask. I have been in person and have been told my soft date by 2 SAs and a Manager on different occasions. Tesla is a mile from my office, so if I have a question I just go in. They pull it up on the laptop and show it. It is a real date that they track in the system. How meaningful is the date? Not very apparently because my soft date was 8/8 and then switched to 8/15. So it's just another moving target.