Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent pop up ads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late one night the other day the website was down, now every day or so, on mobile, I get pop up full screen ads on the forums. Is this something new? Is an ad company injecting ads that are a little more aggressive over ads that have normally been placed onto the forum?

I don't mind ads, especially when they help provide a service to the website host to recoup some money for their site, however recently these pop up ads have been pretty aggressive and I back out of the website when they come up. I could try and do a screen grab when they happen again. But I'm sure I'm not alone.

Thanks for any info

We don't allow pop-up ads. We have minimal (but necessary for sustainability) advertising for the forum and only allow certain types of ads. Please do a screenshot next time. If an unintended type of add is getting through we can try to block it.

Also these days the site has very little unintentional down time. You might want to do a virus scan and/or make sure you don't have any malicious browser plugins.

I will keep that in mind, Hank. It's usually in the morning. Maybe the first time I check in the day.

I never see takeover pop up ads on desktop. Only mobile. I'll need to mark down if it's LTE Verizon or my wifi.

Totally get the need for ads, no qualms here. This site, kcstar, and another news sites have had takeover ads from time to time.

I'll keep an eye out!

On Verizon LTE this was a website redirect. I obviously clicked your domain site on my favorites and got sent to this.

Only does it the first time of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_6059.PNG
    IMG_6059.PNG
    99.7 KB · Views: 93