Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent trade-in experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
most likely you wont get asked to do it if you already have the paperwork coming to you. in my case i had to submit that first before they could release the paperwork, so seems its not needed for you.

==

so a slight update -

loan is still not paid off today. homegirl at driveway told me they sent funds same day i was sent my funds. says its normal for it to take time to show up. my due date is approaching soon so we will see.

after that i asked to start the pickup process. they sent a text from ANOTHER number that initially went into my spam folder on my phone. had i not seen the text icon i may have never known it was sent.

anyway the link takes you to a form you fill out . its your name, phone number, location of car, can it drive, can it reverse, and what days you would be available in a 7 day timeframe. once you submit that you text " done" in that text that was sent and then you will be contacted by the transport company to arrange the pick up.

will update that once it happens.

Watching this. I have a '20 F350 that I'm looking to trade but will depend on what the offer is.
Can they give you a guess at the showroom when you go test drive a tesla?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Lol... I am doing the same.

I think i know you from the Ford truck forum... Is your truck two tone?
Silver Spruce and I did bed liner on bottom for 2 tone... 6.2L crew cab.
She's sweet but if I can get Tesla to give me even the KBB Good rate it'll pay for the MY 🤣

Use the KBB value minus a few thousand as a guide. It will at least give you ballpark.
Which value ? Trade in an good (60-65)or great (62-67) level. It's great and under 14000 miles.
KBB gives a wide range.
Auctions for these trucks are going at $64-68 for almost exact truck I have.

Which value ? Trade in an good (60-65)or great (62-67) level. It's great and under 14000 miles.
KBB gives a wide range.
Auctions for these trucks are going at $64-68 for almost exact truck I have.
The Tesla rep I talked to about trade in said use the KBB good range + or - a few thousand.
My official trade on offer from Tesla was about $2K under the good KBB value and my car is immacualte with very low mileage, but it seems the used market is cooling.

The Tesla rep I talked to about trade in said use the KBB good range + or - a few thousand.
My official trade on offer from Tesla was about $2K under the good KBB value and my car is immacualte with very low mileage, but it seems the used market is cooling.
So maybe around $62,000.... I'll take it !
And do/did you just drop it off when you picked up the Tesla?

And do/did you just drop it off when you picked up the Tesla?
Waiting for my Tesla to be built but yes, the way it works is I drop my trade in off when I pickup the Tesla at their store. I have also heard when you finalize your trade in value you might get a higher value if you push for it. My build just got bumped from March until April-May so my trade in offer will get reevaluated (it’s only good for 30 days or so).

Not that simple... I don't think our trucks will command top dollar from Tesla trade in.

I pressed my local Tesla salesgoon, and they came back with a unofficial quote that is more than 10k off KBB trade in.

I have used KBB and Carfax "cash offers" and am negotiating with local dealers now. Just using this as a backup, in event tesla trade in low balls me...

If you live in a state that has tax credit for trade in you have to factor that in. By trading in to Tesla it saves me just over $4K in taxes. In CT the car tax rate is 7.75% on any vehicle $50K or more. Adds up.
Yeah, i am on top of that, and will go with whatever nets me the most $. My sales tax is 8.375%, so my trade is worth $3k in tax credit.

Local mercedes dealer offered me 7k more than the tesla estimate, so if the car was here today, i would take the mercedes offer, as it nets me the most $.

Still unsure how this will play out, but this truck will be leaving my life regardless ... 🤣

My trade-in process was painless. Taking the old plates off took the longest due to stuck nuts. Other than that 5 mins tops. And Tesla offered the highest trade-in value compared to Vr*om, Car*ax, Carv*na...etc
My experience exactly!
Absolutely painless and fair price and no need to deal with full AZ sales tax on the new MYLR.
I had home delivery of the '22 MYLR, and the Tesla guy drove off in my '20 M3 SR+. He never even looked at my trade-in!

Reactions: lUtriaNt