Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recharging 120 volts vs 240 volts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed something lately with my Roadster that I wanted to ask others about. Please let me know if you have observed anything similar.

When I recharge at 240 volts (12 amps to 70 amps) my car stops at 180-181 miles of range (standard mode).

When I recharge with a MC 120 (12 amps to 15 amps) my car stops at 187 miles of range (standard mode).

This has been very consistent lately.

As the battery ages, how is this reflected on the VDS?
Does the top number of miles start gradually declining when it is charged full in standard mode (4.10 volts)?

Have Tesla pull the logs and check for a bad battery management board. Mine only charged to 158 miles and there were 3 that were bad and my battery was slowly getting more and more out of balance, leading to the lower full charge level. Tesla replaced them and I was back up to 190'ish full charge level.

Have Tesla pull the logs and check for a bad battery management board. Mine only charged to 158 miles and there were 3 that were bad and my battery was slowly getting more and more out of balance, leading to the lower full charge level. Tesla replaced them and I was back up to 190'ish full charge level.

Thank you for that suggestion. I will inquire with the Seattle service manager.

When you charge with the 220, your fan needs to cool down the batteries & PEM, thus taking away some charge. When you do it at the snails-pace 110, your fan does not need to operate. That MAY have something to do with that. (I learned that from Scott) :wink: