Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reckless Behavior of AP 2021.4.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone notice these behaviors of AP with 4.6:

1. Abrupt slow downs to avoid crashing into the vehicle in front.

2. Keeps pulling out of the commuter (car pool) lane for no reason even on major freeways, especially when you are driving from a rural freeway onto a major one when AP is set to use HOV. This used to happen I think in 2019 but got fixed with an update. It came back ever since they upgraded my MX to HW3.

3. Too jerky compared to the previous updates.

Another thing that is unrelated to AP is that youtube video and audio are out of sync after this update.

Reactions: BM3B
Did anyone notice these behaviors of AP with 4.6:

1. Abrupt slow downs to avoid crashing into the vehicle in front.

2. Keeps pulling out of the commuter (car pool) lane for no reason even on major freeways, especially when you are driving from a rural freeway onto a major one when AP is set to use HOV. This used to happen I think in 2019 but got fixed with an update. It came back ever since they upgraded my MX to HW3.

3. Too jerky compared to the previous updates.

Another thing that is unrelated to AP is that youtube video and audio are out of sync after this update.
Something I noticed was, when in NOA, anytime a car was entering the freeway, no matter how far away from the actual merge point, my car slowed down abruptly. I don’t mind this behavior when the other car is nearing the merge point, but my car was slowing down abruptly whenever a car was parallel to me but still 200 yards from entering the highway. I’ve seen this behavior in previous versions, just not this aggressive.

I agree with the comments above - and as an additional complaint, in the HOV lanes I use in California, the car drives too close to the concrete barrier on the driver's side, with the proximity warnings showing yellow. The barriers get wider (and closer to the driver) when you go under a bridge. Between the scary abrupt aggressive braking, the seemingly random lane changing at times and it being too slow to accelerate in stop & go traffic (making it a common occurrence to have someone pull in front of you when the traffic starts moving again), I don't use AP much unless I'm out on the open road somewhere. It's been 2 years since I paid big bucks for FSD, and they still don't have it right. Disappointed.

Currently on software v2021.4.15 and AP feels like its got worse. The version late last year was good. Tesla has gone backwards with the new AP versions!

In CA, it pulls you out of car pool lane in some stretches of the freeways even when you have the settings as use HOA lanes. This problem existed in 2019 I think, went away, but noticed it came back sometime in the later half of 2020.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU