Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for San Antonio Film and Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my grey MS 12/23. One thing i was surprised about in such a short period of time is how soft the paint is on the hood of the Model S. It has quickly become apparent despite trying to be very careful, was how easily the hood gets rock chips. On the darker Teslas, rock chips are very apparent and show up as white specks. For the new grey in particular Tesla does not make touch up paint yet. I had to have a bottle of touch up formulated by a local body shop. Lesson learned, I think that unless I want the front to be a continued maintenance issue or end up look like a teenager with acne it has to have film applied.

After a lot of inquiries, and reading reviews from other's on TMC I wanted to chime in and echo a recommendation for Jay's Detail (Home - Jays Premier Auto Detailer) on Nakoma near the airport. They are family run, and extremely experienced with working with Teslas. I am really impressed with Jay's attention to detail, such as he manually manipulated the film pattern on his computer so that the film goes beyond the hood's edge and he can roll it over leaving no exposed edges or seams. I getting the car filmed, and then going to have him put CQuartz paint protection on top. He is also the local photosync Tint installer which I plan to do all around as it gets warmer her.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_9956.JPG
    IMG_9956.JPG
    904.6 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_9959.JPG
    IMG_9959.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 309