Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation needed on paint protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rhyder

Pan fried in a tasty batter
Mar 29, 2016
Houston, Texas
My S90D should arrive in July and I was looking for recommendations in the Houston area for paint protection film and ceramic coating. Had a previous new vehicle coated with Modesta at Vive and was happy with the results. For the Tesla, I was thinking about Expel or Clear Guard Nano, but have no experience with either or with any installers. Any thoughts?

A number of us in this area like John Gray of Gulf Coast AutoShield -- a cool guy who knows his stuff. He will accompany you at delivery to identify any anomalies. I also consult him for any body related issues (paint, detailing, etc.)

Joe, appreciate the info. I've talked to EVS and they recommended the Clear Guard Nano wrap and Spectra Photosync tint. I'll try to get by there in the next couple of weeks and take a look at some examples of their work.

I would second Beryl's recommendation of John Gray at Gulf Coast. He talked me through the process before I committed, showed me how to properly wash the car the first time, and helped me order supplies. I have a blue 90D and the color really pops with the OpiCoat Pro he applied. The car is much easier to wash with the coating as well. John has done a number of Teslas and offers a Tesla discount. Give him a call at 832-264-0670 before you decide. Tell him Anthony sent you.

John Gray
You won't believe how good your car looks, and the finish... OMG!!
Never had paint look and last like his work does.
832-264-0670
Plus, the tutorial on how to wash your car is so fun, and enlightening. There's nothing worse rpthan getting nice work like this performed to just tear it up with an improper wash system. John walked me through all that, and I'm a pro now at keeping my investment looking perfect.
Dr Alex
Houston

EVS Motors and Vive Auto Detailing work together to get you the best paint protection and ceramic coating on the market. Give us a call at 888.878.2213 if you have any questions. We have both MS and MX in our shop every day getting our tint and paint protection installed. We will get you taken care of!