Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Apps before taking delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new MY LR may arrive next week! In order to get ready, what are recommended apps to use and what do they do?

I already have the following:
  • Tesla App
  • A Better Route Planner
  • Plug Share

What other apps should I download before my first drive, or what else should I get ready before Delivery Day?

I just set up the Optiwatt for more granularity in charging and tracking home charging totals & times. It was a hassle to set up (putting in timeframes longer a single hour at a time always messed up at the end, so 24 one-hour entries went in finally), but I can customize my on-peak and off-peak hours and now the app will make sure my goal of charging ONLY in off-peak hours at home on my Corded Mobile Charger is enabled. I have the option of changing it to "covenience charging" on any given day and schedule full charges prior to known trips. For backups, you may want to check out which charging stations other than Tesla may be in your area. For some of those you may have to get an account and a swipe card to enable/pay for charging. They're free to sign up and may be handy in an emergency.

Reactions: FinalAsgard
this is great, thanks @Snafu81! Didn't know this existed.

@FinalAsgard am also looking at apps like Teslifi or the Stats App. Think I am going with the latter as like the Apple watch functionality that comes with it and also it is a one time purchase vs subscription. In reading about these apps are what I heard people wished they had from day one. The other app I downloaded that was recommended was Volta to identify free charging stations