Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those progress bars on the site now have me wondering... Do we need to have 20 buyers in ppl or 20 buyers for Modesta to get each discount/rebate? In other words if 20 people sign up for ppl and the goal is met, do 20 have to also sign up to get the deal on Modesta? I was under the initial impression that 20 buyers of anything, who mentioned the group buy, would trigger the deals on any service.

Those progress bars on the site now have me wondering... Do we need to have 20 buyers in ppl or 20 buyers for Modesta to get each discount/rebate? In other words if 20 people sign up for ppl and the goal is met, do 20 have to also sign up to get the deal on Modesta? I was under the initial impression that 20 buyers of anything, who mentioned the group buy, would trigger the deals on any service.

20 PPL triggers extra discount for PPL related services and 20 Modesta trigger the extra savings for Modesta. Right now we are looking pretty strong on PPF, but could use more modesta bookings to lock in those extra savings. As a reminder all Tesla vehicles can take advantage of this deal and have it go towards the total.

20 PPL triggers extra discount for PPL related services and 20 Modesta trigger the extra savings for Modesta. Right now we are looking pretty strong on PPF, but could use more modesta bookings to lock in those extra savings. As a reminder all Tesla vehicles can take advantage of this deal and have it go towards the total.

Currently planning on doing Modesta but am waiting for my VIN and subsequent delivery.

Picked up my car tonight from Concours. Doug is great to deal with. He answers any and all questions you may have thoroughly and takes his time explaining the process and how things will look afterwards. It's reassuring to know that if I have any issues he will be there to take care of them and make them right. I am scheduled to go back in two weeks for a quick inspection to ensure that the PPF and tint don't have any issues.

I had the front window done 80% and everything else done 30% (Suntek CIR). Rear window is done in one piece. You can't really tell that the front window is done and the rest of the car looks fantastic.

After paint correction, modesta and PPF the paint looks amazing. You have to look very closely to be able to tell PPF is there when you look at the corners where it is wrapped around. This is custom and there are no visible seams like you may see if you had a pre-cut kit. Chrome delete was done in gloss black and looks flawless. I had the dash wrapped in carbon fiber and the center console is going to be done in XPEL stealth in two weeks when I go back.

It was getting dark but I took some quick pictures before the sun went down.

Attachments

• tes1.jpg
    tes1.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 131
  • tes2.jpg
    tes2.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 121
  • tes3.jpg
    tes3.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 121
  • tes6.jpg
    tes6.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 121
  • tes8.jpg
    tes8.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 118
  • tes dash.jpg
    tes dash.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 118
Picked up my car tonight from Concours. Doug is great to deal with. He answers any and all questions you may have thoroughly and takes his time explaining the process and how things will look afterwards. It's reassuring to know that if I have any issues he will be there to take care of them and make them right. I am scheduled to go back in two weeks for a quick inspection to ensure that the PPF and tint don't have any issues.

I had the front window done 80% and everything else done 30% (Suntek CIR). Rear window is done in one piece. You can't really tell that the front window is done and the rest of the car looks fantastic.

After paint correction, modesta and PPF the paint looks amazing. You have to look very closely to be able to tell PPF is there when you look at the corners where it is wrapped around. This is custom and there are no visible seams like you may see if you had a pre-cut kit. Chrome delete was done in gloss black and looks flawless. I had the dash wrapped in carbon fiber and the center console is going to be done in XPEL stealth in two weeks when I go back.

It was getting dark but I took some quick pictures before the sun went down.
Smooth and great to hear! I'm curious what he had to say about reapplying the emblem.

Can someone explain (or point me in the direction) this issue? I'm not familiar with it...

Edit: Also, what happened to ceramic coating option on the group buy?
Because tinting is a wet application and the front windshield is done from the inside so there's a risk of the water getting into the dash and messing with the electronics if not properly protected. I'm sure Doug takes all the necessary precautions, I just don't want to risk the 0.001% chance it goes wrong. Also, the Modesta coating is still an option so not sure what you're referring to? I'm scheduled to get mine coated in 2 weeks.

All,
Effective immediately, the rebates or lowered pricing for 20x will no longer be available.

This is due to to awesome pricing that go out to the other installers, which in turn cried foul and caused a snowball effect all the way up the chain.

This is why we can’t have nice things which is exactly what I warned everyone about when this first started.

The goal here was to not jeopardize Doug’s business or his suppliers.

The pricing for Tesla forums members are still in effect for Pre 20x.

I am working on getting an revised deal, so stay tuned for that.

Last edited:
All,
Effective immediately, the rebates or lowered pricing for 20x will no longer be available.

This is due to to awesome pricing that go out to the other installers, which in turn cried foul and caused a snowball effect all the way up the chain.

This is why we can’t have nice things which is exactly what I warned everyone about when this first started.

The goal here was to not jeopardize Doug’s business or his suppliers.

The pricing for Tesla forums members are still in effect for Pre 20x.

I am working on getting an revised deal, so stay tuned for that.

Wait, so there won't be any rebates now? I had scheduled the Modesta, but haven't gotten the work done yet.