Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But no $400 rebate if we hit 20, correct?
@mobilesuit818 is our main point of contact between Concours so he is the point of truth.

That said this is what I think the options could be, but this is just me going through hypothetical solutions:

1) $1495 is the best Modesta price we will get.
2) Current bookings will get a special deal.
3) There will be a 20+ discount, but maybe for less money or another service is thrown in as an incentive.

Reactions: atlas310
@mobilesuit818 is our main point of contact between Concours so he is the point of truth.

That said this is what I think the options could be, but this is just me going through hypothetical solutions:

1) $1495 is the best Modesta price we will get.
2) Current bookings will get a special deal.
3) There will be a 20+ discount, but maybe for less money or another service is thrown in as an incentive.

I guess @mobilesuit818 is the key holder. And yeah, now I'm confused. That rebate was sweet so it's a bummer if it's gone, but I needed to get the coating done regardless.

Reactions: drewbaumann
I stuck it back on the site. From what I understand the Modesta deal is locked at 1495 for TMC members.
yeah. I am tempted to do it myself at this point with a consumer acquirable coating.
Bummed about the loss of rebate on the Modesta deal. I'm not super interested in a PPF but was going to go with the paint correction and coating if I thought we would make it to the 20+. Modesta looks like a great product and I'm sure $1495 is a reasonable price for it; but i don't think for that price i'm in. Without the rebate i'm likely going to go with my original plan of having a pro do a paint correction and apply a "consumer grade" coating, likely Cquartz UK.

Bummed about the loss of rebate on the Modesta deal. I'm not super interested in a PPF but was going to go with the paint correction and coating if I thought we would make it to the 20+. Modesta looks like a great product and I'm sure $1495 is a reasonable price for it; but i don't think for that price i'm in. Without the rebate i'm likely going to go with my original plan of having a pro do a paint correction and apply a "consumer grade" coating, likely Cquartz UK.
Well hang tight! I cannot give the official word on if that is the case.

Sorry for the delay, work has been kicking my arse.

Here is the updated pricing.

Any discounts are applied to Full Packages only
A la carte (no discounts)

Current Tesla Forum pricing (Pre-20x appts)

Full Front PPF: $1300, Retail is $1700
Modesta $1495 (BC04/05)
Full Tint: $580 Suntek CIR All windows including Front)

After 20x booked/deposits;

Full Front PPF: $1000,
Modesta $1495 (BC04/05)

There are other options for coatings as well;

Modesta Paul Dalton: $2600
Modesta BC08 (2 year) $895
GTechniq (5 year): $1200
Flight Polymer (2 year) $300
Menzerna (4 months) $100
Carnuba Wax (3 months) $100

You can sub out any of the coatings in the Full packages and the TOTAL discounts will be as follows once we hit 20x booked;

$300 rebate/discount for $1495 coating
$200 rebate/discount for $1200 coating
$100 rebate/discount for $895 coating

Reactions: tracksyde

Current Tesla Forum pricing (Pre-20x appts)

Full Front PPF: $1300, Retail is $1700
Modesta $1495 (BC04/05)

After 20x booked/deposits;

Full Front PPF: $1000,
Modesta $1495 (BC04/05)

There are other options for coatings as well;

Modesta Paul Dalton: $2600
Modesta BC08 (2 year) $895
GTechniq (5 year): $1200
Flight Polymer (2 year) $300
Menzerna (4 months) $100
Carnuba Wax (3 months) $100

You can sub out any of the coatings in the Full packages and the TOTAL discounts will be as follows once we hit 20x booked;

$300 rebate/discount for $1495 coating
$200 rebate/discount for $1200 coating
$100 rebate/discount for $895 coating

Appreciate the update. Sorry for my confusion but does this mean that if I decide to just get Modesta or tint, the pricing would be higher than $1495 and $580 respectively or just need the full package to qualify for the additional discount once we hit 20?

Thanks again for all of your hard work on this.

Can you talk to Doug about possibly doing a reduced discount for the a la carte items? I can understand no discount on the tint since that's a pretty good price to begin with, but the Modesta is rather pricey. Obviously we don't want Doug's business to suffer as he has a pretty outstanding review history on yelp and seems to do a great job, it's just disappointing to have the discount offered, and then have it taken back. It's pretty evident a lot of interest has been lost.

Can you talk to Doug about possibly doing a reduced discount for the a la carte items? I can understand no discount on the tint since that's a pretty good price to begin with, but the Modesta is rather pricey. Obviously we don't want Doug's business to suffer as he has a pretty outstanding review history on yelp and seems to do a great job, it's just disappointing to have the discount offered, and then have it taken back. It's pretty evident a lot of interest has been lost.
I thank those that arranged this group buy and I thank Doug for the offer, but I'm out. i'm not really interested in a PPF so a full package is not in the books for me. All i am looking for is a quality paint correction and coating. I want to make my car easy to clean and help protect the softish paint Tesla uses. I'm not really interested in spending $2-3K and turning my car in to a hermetically sealed armor coated show piece.
Unfortunately Doug uses very exclusive coatings (and i'm sure great quality) so without the additional 20+ person discount he is out of my price range. I'm going to start looking around for a more budget friendly option, something in the $1K range which should be plenty for paint correction and coating. Good luck to the group buy. If you reach your numbers this looks like a good deal for those that are interested in the "Full Monty".