Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended PPF installer in So Cal? (West side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ooandyoo The first picture, is that a seam going horizontal (parallel to the ground)? Or is it just a reflection?

Yeah, I feel like those seams (esp the 2nd/3rd pic) shouldn't be there on a custom install... but I am by far not an expert in PPF.

Yeah, that's horizontal seam that goes from under the fog light towards the center. Its hidden pretty nicely under the curve of the bumper. Honestly, its really hard to see unless you get really close. I'm just hoping that dirt doesn't get trapped in the seams and make it more visible in the future.

Yeah, that's horizontal seam that goes from under the fog light towards the center. Its hidden pretty nicely under the curve of the bumper. Honestly, its really hard to see unless you get really close. I'm just hoping that dirt doesn't get trapped in the seams and make it more visible in the future.

I agree as well. It's hard to see the sea how we of dirt I trapped there, it'll be visible since it's a wite car. I'm hopeful that since I got the cerai coating th dirt won't stick.

Also for a custom install I didn't think there were seam until after I made my deposit. But I weigh it after the fact to pay 300 buck more do no seam... I'm OK with th seam.

ooandyoo, can you post a picture of your chrome delete mirrors? I'm signed up for the ppf/ceramic/chrome delete package with doug, but a little concerned now after seeing your ppf seams. Would like to see the seams you mentioned on your mirrors if you can share. My car is also white so have the same concerns. As lasdj says, that doesn't feel right for a custom install.

ooandyoo, can you post a picture of your chrome delete mirrors? I'm signed up for the ppf/ceramic/chrome delete package with doug, but a little concerned now after seeing your ppf seams. Would like to see the seams you mentioned on your mirrors if you can share. My car is also white so have the same concerns. As lasdj says, that doesn't feel right for a custom install.

Sure. Its kind of hard to get a good photo of the seam but here are some pics of my mirrors.

Attachments

• IMG-7963.JPG
    IMG-7963.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-7964.JPG
    IMG-7964.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 92
I had my follow up appointment last Saturday. According to Doug, the seams are standard for how they've been installing the PPF. He said its preferable to have the seam under the fog instead of in the center. Overall, I'm very happy with the install and the quality of work. All the edges that can be wrapped are wrapped. I cant even tell that the car has PPF unless I'm a few inches away and look at the seam. The tint looks amazing and has no issues. It's crazy how much cooler the car feels. I didnt know it would make this big of a difference and I only got 40%.

@mobilesuit818 Thanks for setting up the group buy! The price is significantly cheaper than all the other installers I reached out to and I'm very happy with the quality of the install.

Awesome!! Can you post pics of your tint and overall of your car.

Doug does good work and I personally vetted out a few shops (taking my personal cars there), so trust me when I say that’s it’s not always about price, but with Doug, you get a quality product, with quality craftsmanship along at a amazing price.

I had my follow up appointment last Saturday. According to Doug, the seams are standard for how they've been installing the PPF. He said its preferable to have the seam under the fog instead of in the center. Overall, I'm very happy with the install and the quality of work. All the edges that can be wrapped are wrapped. I cant even tell that the car has PPF unless I'm a few inches away and look at the seam. The tint looks amazing and has no issues. It's crazy how much cooler the car feels. I didnt know it would make this big of a difference and I only got 40%.

@mobilesuit818 Thanks for setting up the group buy! The price is significantly cheaper than all the other installers I reached out to and I'm very happy with the quality of the install.

Considering how busy he is, I thought we would've had a few more pictures of Doug's work. I know not all of his customer's are TMC members but I thought we would've had a few more updates. I'm scheduled to take my car in next week, I'll make sure to post pics as soon as I get my car back.

Reactions: hurjio
Awesome!! Can you post pics of your tint and overall of your car.

Doug does good work and I personally vetted out a few shops (taking my personal cars there), so trust me when I say that’s it’s not always about price, but with Doug, you get a quality product, with quality craftsmanship along at a amazing price.

Ill try to get better pictures when I have time but here's the overall car with 40% tint on the side and rear windows.

Attachments

• 55511311575--506366C4-608A-4FA4-AD34-CB5167A6A7C1 (1).JPG
    55511311575--506366C4-608A-4FA4-AD34-CB5167A6A7C1 (1).JPG
    533.4 KB · Views: 73
Just got off the phone with Doug to confirm my appt for next week, said he just signed the lease for the new location. New shop is in marina del rey about 20 mins from his current shop. Said he was splitting his crews to work in each shop. He's booked all the way through Christmas but said he was going to start rearranging things because he was a little behind. Hopefully this helps ease the load off his team. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Does anyone have any pictures of chrome delete that Conours has done? Curious if it's satin or matte black and the quality of work.

You could pick either, depending on the overall look you're aiming for. When I dropped my car off, all the model 3s they had done were in satin, which seems standard, so I went with that. if you were to get a stealth wrap on the whole car, for example, matte chrome delete would be a better fit. I'll post pictures when I pick mine up.

I can confirm the following:

Doug has signed a new lease in MDR and will start to pull in appts sooner, expect him to reach out this week and next.

Currently doing audits now for rebates, so I will be reaching out to the pertinent people in the next week or so...

So back in April I got full front PPF, tint and WAX (4 months). When I went back for my WAX appointment last week, I decided to upgrade and get the 10 year coating.

It looks so great that I wish I did it earlier. I drive a lot (7k in 4 months) and park in really dusty places close the freeway. I noticed with the coating, my car is not as dusty after a week. It usually gets so dusty I have to wash every week. Now I think I can wash every other week.

Now I qualify for the rebate...YAY

Going to have the coating checked this morning. Very happy with the outcome.

I can confirm the following:

Doug has signed a new lease in MDR and will start to pull in appts sooner, expect him to reach out this week and next.

Currently doing audits now for rebates, so I will be reaching out to the pertinent people in the next week or so...
Awesome! I’m pretty sure I’ve already filled out the Google Form, but not 100% sure.. Is there a way to check if I’ve already submitted? Thank you for doing all of this!

Unfortunately I got some damage to the front bumper of my car. It looks like a rock hit it and I am 99% sure it cut through the PPF. I am hoping it didn't damage the paint but I think that might be too optimistic. I didn't feel it happen and it happened today because I just washed her last night. I am a little hesitant to hit it with QD to see how well it cleans up because I don't want to put liquid into the apparent cut. @mobilesuit818 do you know what Doug's policy is on this?
IMG_20180820_183638.jpg

IMG_20180820_183632.jpg