Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended USB-C phone mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the new center console wireless charger in our 2021 MY, but a USB-C phone. I would prefer not to have to deal with a cable and really liked the old console where I would just dock the phone.

Is it possible to add a USB-C dock to the existing dock? That would be preferred or another high quality dock would be okay too. I am fine with the location of the existing dock ... I just want a one handed solution to holster/dock/undock without messing with cables or drawers clips or otherwise.

Reactions: jsmay311
I have the new center console wireless charger in our 2021 MY, but a USB-C phone. I would prefer not to have to deal with a cable and really liked the old console where I would just dock the phone.

Is it possible to add a USB-C dock to the existing dock? That would be preferred or another high quality dock would be okay too. I am fine with the location of the existing dock ... I just want a one handed solution to holster/dock/undock without messing with cables or drawers clips or otherwise.
I had a 3 with your dock preference.

Since I’m getting a Y soon, could you send me a picture of you ur center console. Upon receipt I will actively search for a solution and then share my findings.

I too have a 2018 Model 3 with the old console and wired USB-C dock, it doesn't look like the new center console can do with without some modification.

This is not my picture and video, but it starts at ~2min and probably better than any picture I could include.