Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recording outside of Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked my car for about 15 minutes this morning. Had Sentry mode off, but dashcam recordings on. When I went to review my last drive, I noticed that not only was my driving recorded, but also the 25 minutes where my car sat parked and turned off. I imagine this uses battery.

Is there a reason it was recording?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
what software version are you on?

the car has "easy entry" mode and "user mode". when you shift into park, the easy mode setting activates. you can have different settings betwixt both profiles, so when you shift into park, check your settings and make sure you have them the way you want.
you can also check the app and turn off sentry if you see its on.

yes it uses battery but in under 15 minutes you won't even notice. over the software revisions the power consumption of sentry has gotten better.

you can turn off sentry so it never turns on, just make sure you are in the right profile (this assumes you are using easy entry).

what software version are you on?

the car has "easy entry" mode and "user mode". when you shift into park, the easy mode setting activates. you can have different settings betwixt both profiles, so when you shift into park, check your settings and make sure you have them the way you want.
you can also check the app and turn off sentry if you see its on.

yes it uses battery but in under 15 minutes you won't even notice. over the software revisions the power consumption of sentry has gotten better.

you can turn off sentry so it never turns on, just make sure you are in the right profile (this assumes you are using easy entry).

I have The latest software. Not sure what "easy entry" VS "user mode" does. I checked the menu as soon as it happened and Sentry mode wasn't on.

did you make a profile up in your car? you car is used, is it possible there is an old profile in there?

have you read the manual for the car? if not, its highly recommended.

the car does not record if sentry mode is off. it just doesn't.

the car goes to deep sleep (assuming you dont have any 3rd party apps running like teslafi) next time you get out of the car and walk away making sure the car is locked, open the app and see if sentry is activated.