Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Interior on DSB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a BMW M3 years ago, blue on red, and loved it. Its a "Superman" combo. Wife has her own 3, she can drive hers if she doesn't like mine :) (but going back for white to keep everyone happy). The surface is definitely more "grippy" which is actually a bit annoying, I didn't realize how much I slide in and out of the car. . .

Whelp, the dash came as the red left, white on the way. Cheap mods are keeping me away from the more expensive (suspension) mods. . .
20200201_141210[1].jpg

Reactions: WilliamG
The seat covers are $230 sets I purchased on eBay, made in China, and (so far) seem to of very good quality.
I exchanged the red for white to placate my wife, and just got the whites yesterday. The reds were perforated, and sliding in/out of the seat was a bit awkward, but the whites are smoother and more like the OEM seats. I haven't installed the rear seats yet, but will post some pics when I do. So far very happy with the moderate investment. . .

Attachments

• 20200203_102556.jpg
    20200203_102556.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Informative
Reactions: anti
PU (polyurethane), similar surface to the OEM's, but feel a bit thicker. I actually like them a lot so far, the white is not perforated like the red, so the surface is smoother and easier to get in/out. I like the fact that car can fairly dramatically change its personality for under $250, and I'm not paranoid about about dirt or marks, the dogs may be allowed in back, even with the white :)

PU (polyurethane), similar surface to the OEM's, but feel a bit thicker. I actually like them a lot so far, the white is not perforated like the red, so the surface is smoother and easier to get in/out. I like the fact that car can fairly dramatically change its personality for under $250, and I'm not paranoid about about dirt or marks, the dogs may be allowed in back, even with the white :)

Nice work! Do you have a link to the product? I'd like to check it out.

How hard was the installation?