Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red light on Tesla Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with Tesla today......tehy suggested I get a service tech to come and witness the issue......if it drops for no reason, they will probably replace the unit....the tech seemed to think it could be the handle.....I started charging and when the amps dropped, I looked at the lights.....running all green top to bottom except for a yellow/orange light in the middle of the streaming green lights......I then grabbed the handle and raised the cable just a hair upwards and the orange.yellow light turned to green......it appears to be a short in the cable ar where the wires attach to the handle......we'll see what happens when they come here.....

I spoke with Tesla today......tehy suggested I get a service tech to come and witness the issue......if it drops for no reason, they will probably replace the unit....the tech seemed to think it could be the handle.....I started charging and when the amps dropped, I looked at the lights.....running all green top to bottom except for a yellow/orange light in the middle of the streaming green lights......I then grabbed the handle and raised the cable just a hair upwards and the orange.yellow light turned to green......it appears to be a short in the cable ar where the wires attach to the handle......we'll see what happens when they come here.....
That's great info already. Let us know what happens. A lot of us have these chargers and its good to know the pitfalls once they get some wear on them.