Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red transfer stain on ultra white seat help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought ultra white seats based on multiple forum and tesla personnel saying that it is strain resistant. Have no issue with removing jean transfer stains. However, today, I wore a red peacoat and found pink stains on the seat. Tried to clean immediately with mild soap and later rubbing alcohol and still no signs of it removing! Has this happened to anyone before?? Can't believe that I just bought the car a month ago and already can't keep the seat white. I thought this material was better than that?? Thanks

Please help me, I'm an old man. Never in my car life have I heard of jeans bleeding their blue color onto a car seat? Even wet from ocean play. And or red color from anything. If this is true , please post pictures so folks will know not to buy white seats. My friend has beige seats and has not had any color transfer. We wear jeans all the time.

Please help me, I'm an old man. Never in my car life have I heard of jeans bleeding their blue color onto a car seat? Even wet from ocean play. And or red color from anything. If this is true , please post pictures so folks will know not to buy white seats. My friend has beige seats and has not had any color transfer. We wear jeans all the time.

New unwashed selvage jeans (like these) with dark indigo dye will shed surface dye everywhere. The dye is water-soluble so should eventually wash off most surfaces.

My 2 year old scribbled all over the 3 rear seats with a blue pen. Like huge graffitis. Baby art. Took Tesla and I multiple attempts with soap and alcohol, rubbing deep again and again. Got it all out. Fabric is awesome. Just be patient and do it many times.

Reactions: PrGrPa