TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reduce Charging Amps

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by BuffaloWings, Jul 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BuffaloWings

BuffaloWings Member

If I recall correctly, there was a way in the Model S and X to reduce the number of amps that are being drawn when charging?

Is there a way to do that for the Model 3 as well?

Thanks.

2. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

Yes. On the bottom of the charge screen when plugged in.

3. BuffaloWings

BuffaloWings Member

Oh great! I didn't see it on the Tesla app -- I guess in-car screen only.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Right— if you ever need to manually adjust amps, which should be rare, you would be doing it when you plug the car in.

5. Tozz

Tozz Active Member

Elon has hinted some time ago on Twitter that they might add the functionality to the app. This would mean it would be included in the API which opens up possibilities like matching your charge rate to PV production.

But as always, in Elon time.