Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced 3 phase charging power after 1 phase test - smells of SW error to me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been discussed before (I haven't been able to find it though).

I have, for all the time we have had the car (7 month) charged at home from a then newly installed 3 phase, 220 V 16 A IEC outlet (we are in Denmark, Europe).
5 x 2.5 mm2 wiring, directly from switchboard to bi-meter and then IEC outlet.
UMC from outlet to car.
Have always been able to charge 3 x 16 A, no warnings, no trouble.

A little while ago wife should on a trip to friends' summer cabin in Sweden, only equipped with 1 phase 220V 10 A outlet.
So in order to test all our travelling adaptors, we hooked up to a similar connection at home, and tested charging at 10 A.
Fine.
It should be noted that it was first and only time the car had been charged at 10A at that location.

Then the other day, I suddenly noted that the car is only charging with 3 x 10A from the IEC outlet.
No error messages, or warning about unstable power.
We typically charge timed at night, so I thus dont observe the charging power. It is however my strong suspicion, that it has been charging with 10 A reduced current since the one phase test.
(but it may also coincide with the latest firmware update ?).

I have tried to stop charging, reboot console and restart charging. Still 10 A.
The amperage control is at 16A. If I step it down during charging, to, say, 8 A, the actual current will follow nicely and proportionally to 5 A, going up to 16 A on the dial will return the actual current to 10 A.

I suspect the car now has two records for charging at this location, and uses the lowest amperage figure of these (or similar error).

I have not yet asked Tesla for a comment.
Anybody with ideas or comments ?

best regards,
Niels