Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced alert signal volume with 2023.26.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apart from a couple of reboots and a repush of the firmware there has been no fix on this for me.

My Frunk seems to have jammed though and there is a Bulletin against it to get it fixed so when I take the car in I'll talk to a real person about it

Hey, I'm having the same problem with a model 3 LR 2019. Blinkers make almost no noise. And the navigation sound is hard to understand.

Does anyone find a fix for this ?
Nope. It's been four updates since the issue first appeared on my car, and the alert volume is still abnormally low. My GPS voice seems to come out of the central speaker only.

Yes, I was expecting the updates will fix it. I'll the car to the dealership. However, I am afraid their solution will be to install a new screen .....

they'll fix it eventually. will probably break something else in the process, but eventually they'll fix it.

the update that made the alert volumes lower is the one that finally fixed the radio - but that was broken for over a year before they got around to fixing it. so don't hold your breath...

Reactions: skygraff
Hi.
I have also noticed that the indicator is quieter lately, and find it can be quite dangerous at times, as you can be indicating without being aware of it.
Any suggestions welcome 🤗

Turn off Joe Mode (see posts earlier in this thread).

So far, alert volumes don’t seem any louder than they were before (with old version of Joe Mode on) so it seems as if they’ve brought all the volumes down a smidge then, made Joe Mode more impactful but, mistakenly(?), applied it to all sounds rather than just alerts.

Either turn off Joe Mode, increase your “scan” of the instruments so the flashing indicators catch your eye, or pretend you’re older and riding with the turn signal on is just your jam. I chose option A, try to do 2 just in case they break some other functionality, and have no shame about III if it comes to that.

My alert signal volume has gotten louder since yesterday. I first noticed this when I backed the car out of my garage to drive my kids to school. They all agreed that it's louder. The volume is not as loud as before I started this thread, but it's now at an acceptable level.

One thing I did that I hadn't done in a couple of years right before it became louder was to play with the fart mode-- one of my kids was late coming to the car, so my other kid and I decided to prank him with a wet fart. It wouldn't hurt to give the fart a try if you are experiencing this annoyance.

BTW, my car has been on 2023.38.4 for about a week.