Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced alert signal volume with 2023.26.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 AWD Model 3 was updated to 2023.26.7 two days ago. When I drove the car for the first time after the update, I noticed right away that the alert signals (safety belt not on, gear change, turns, etc) sounded a lot quieter/softer. Has anyone had the same experience? I haven't figured out how to restore the volume level...

Yes, although it is the speakers, in my Model S after the update, the GPS and indicator noise only comes from the centre speaker not the doors and is very quiet for the GPS and barely audible for the indicators. I've raised a service request.

Yes. I noticed this immediately also. I thought my turn signals weren't initiating since i wasn't hearing anything, only to realize the sound is much quieter. Definitely got quieter along with the gear change chimes. I adjusted navigation volume and that doesn't change the sound level for the alerts.

I installed 2023.26.8 last night. No cigar-- the problem persists.

I checked out Joe Mode. It's always been disabled on my car. I tried flipping it on to see how low the volume would become-- It's extremely quiet, verging on inaudible.

same, did update and no change. i guess there's a difference with joe mode on? Will have to flip it off and see if that changes it or not.

Not a big deal, but i'm so used to hearing the blinkers now, when i don't hear it i tend to look at the screen to see if the camera view pops up when i signal since its easier to catch the camera view at a glance rather than the small signal blinkers on the left side of the screen.

I checked out Joe Mode. It's always been disabled on my car. I tried flipping it on to see how low the volume would become-- It's extremely quiet, verging on inaudible.

Have other things gotten quieter in your life as well? If so, I’d recommend an audiologist. If not, sounds like you may have one or more bad speakers in the car or bad communication between the main computer and audio (sub) system.

Yup. Toggled "Joe mode" off and sound is back to normal (what i'm used to). I had Joe mode on this entire time from when it was first available and now it makes a difference. Guess this update finally got it right so Joe mode actually made a difference.

Reactions: XPsionic
Just had a tech from Tesla suggest "Gateway reboot" by changing the language of the display and then changing it back again. No joy, so now waiting on a firmware update. It's weird not having indicator clicks

Yes, although it is the speakers, in my Model S after the update, the GPS and indicator noise only comes from the centre speaker not the doors and is very quiet for the GPS and barely audible for the indicators. I've raised a service request.
Noticed the same last night. Wouldn’t say it’s quiet, but certainly different to how it was. Not worked out which speakers are or aren’t working yet

I sorely miss the good old days when software updates gave you features that were useful (the one in late 2018/early 2019 that gave everyone an acceleration boost comes to mind). I have been more concerned about what would be broken/taken away by updates in the past couple of years.

Same problem.. I first noticed it on the .7 update, but became concerned when the chime indicator came on for a stopped vehicle was also so low it was inaudible.

I sorely miss the good old days when software updates gave you features that were useful (the one in late 2018/early 2019 that gave everyone an acceleration boost comes to mind). I have been more concerned about what would be broken/taken away by updates in the past couple of years.

for the most part i agree with you, however the recent updates to actually fix the sound system when using the radio are a very welcome fix after over a year of static. if i had to choose between a working radio and loud alert chimes, i'll take the working radio.

I am having the same things happen with the 2023.6.8 update. All chimes and car lock sound are quieter, any alert is very quiet now. I can barely hear the blinkers especially driving on the hwy with road noise. I also notice the Nav voice seems to be more central in the windshield area and harder to understand. I have a hearing disability and these changes are not good for people like me.

2019 M3SR+ Joe Mode is NOT on, phone/radio/speakers sound normal, power cycled the car and still the same. My good hearing friend can tell the difference too.

I called Tesla, spoke to 2 people about these changes that happened immediately after the update. Both told me this change is "not a pending issue" and denied any other people have reported the same thing happen and told me to make a service appointment.

Please call Tesla if you have noticed a sound level difference with the update and need alerts at a higher volume. Thank you.