Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signal volume inaudible with 2023.27.7 (FSD 11.4.7.3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
I updated to 2023.27.7 a few weeks ago and the turn signal is now so quiet that it's inaudible when I'm driving faster than 30MPH. (I've noticed other alerts/chimes are quieter as well.) On 2 or 3 occasions the volume has randomly increased to something more appropriate, only to decrease again for the next drive. I;ve tried a reset with no change.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or found a fix?

I updated to 2023.27.7 a few weeks ago and the turn signal is now so quiet that it's inaudible when I'm driving faster than 30MPH. (I've noticed other alerts/chimes are quieter as well.) On 2 or 3 occasions the volume has randomly increased to something more appropriate, only to decrease again for the next drive. I;ve tried a reset with no change.

Has anyone else noticed this and/or found a fix?
Timing is too funny.

On the phone today at 70 mph and the wife was complaining it was too loud (she was on the line, not in the car)

I agree. Sounds louder to me and more "analog" than before.

11.4.7.3 w/ joe mode on @Soul Surfer

I've noticed I've been glancing at the screen to see if the blindspot camera is on in order to know if the signal is on.

It also doesn't change directions quickly. I.e. I have several places where I need to turn right onto a multi-lane road into the right lane (by law) and then put my left turn signal on to make a 3 lane change onto an on-ramp. But the car won't register my second left-turn motion to turn on the left turn signal (the first is 'lost' as the car is interpreting that as a cancellation of the right hand signal.) Today, even holding the indicator stalk down, the left turn signal would not turn on. I had to release and then press again. By then, I was thankful there were no vehicles there that needed to know I was moving across the lanes since my damn car wasn't telling them that. It was Sunday morning so I could play with the system a bit to find out if anything solves this problem quickly. This is new to me, it wasn't a problem I noted at all before our update to 11.4.7.2.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to fix the problem for my husband (turning off Joe Mode in his profile.) Not sure if I'll turn it off in mine as I use blind spot cameras so have the friggin obvious visual indicator that the signal is on. Although I will say it was nice to hear the signals again while driving with my husband.

We also talked about my problem getting the turn signal to reset and run in the opposite direction quickly. There were 3 places on our route today he had to do it (although he solved the first by not bothering to turn into the right hand lane and do the 3 lane change but just cut right across without signalling, humphhh) and I could observe but not 'feel' the difference in what he does compared to what I did but he did his best to describe it and next time I'm out, I'll try it.