Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland test drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I test drove the AWD LR Model 3 Highland yesterday.

Coming from a 2019 SR+ the new vehicle was certainly quieter and more refined. It’s not a radical redesign but it certainly elevates the quality of the vehicle, likely to compete with BYD and VW etc.

The absence of stalks was a bit odd - 30 years of learned behaviour to flick the indicator does not immediately go away. The gear changing was fine, but you do spend another second looking at the screen rather than the road…I’m not sure what problem Tesla thinks it is solving there.

Overall, good value for money. I have the LR AWD on order for January and I’m paying the same amount I did for the SR+ only 4 years ago.

It’s annoying the Three Stooges government will remove the CCD scheme by Xmas - I will get registered about a month too late. Who knew that clean cars were the biggest problem confronting the nation??!

Last edited:
CCD $7K it’s a number

In the usa we have 2023 Fed $7500 if you stay below the income threshold and certain states, like California with very low income threshold of upto $7500
Amazing $15K credit if you hit the right spot

The 2024 credit rebates get tougher with battery chems needing to be from free trade partners
2023 did not have they restriction

I’m excited about the highland where the 2023 M3 is amazing and upgrade should put it at #1 sedan
Imagine in 2024 those updates come to the MY
Btw, the MY was updated in 2023 with key items
Making it great
Think the Jupiter update will just bring it up to sync with the M3 refresh

Enjoy your new M3!

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
After watching so many videos I now constantly try and tap the space in my steering wheel to simulate the new model.

Seems easy enough after a while. I suppose most people who complain about the lack of stalks are the same people who will never buy an EV anyway.
I mean why one need buttons, stalks and all.... only need steering to nudge every now and then... otherwise let car alone and drive

Reactions: kpanda17
For you button loving knuckle dragging Philistines
ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif