Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reducing radiant heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not posting this to start a debate on what’s better, tint or shades. This is more of a review and my experience with the shade I purchased. I considered other shades, but this one to me made the most sense.

Temp pics were taken after the car sat for 4hrs in Cali sun, 86F outside.

Installation - easy, no screws.
Reduction in radiant heat - see pics
Road noise - actually fixed a rattle Tesla service could not
Driving with windows down - 45-50mph, no issues.
Downside - price, but I personally think it’s worth it.
Upside - I don’t feel any heat radiating on my head, not while driving, not while parked.

OtriFowd Model 3 Sunshade on Amazon. They also sell direct, but would not ship to US. I tried getting on on AliBaba, shipping was too high.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1701.jpeg
    IMG_1701.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1703.jpeg
    IMG_1703.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1704.jpeg
    IMG_1704.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 101
The taller you are, the more you feel it. In my 3 I feel the sun roasting my head all the time in the hot weather. I don't want tint on the roof as during the winter, the sun helps heat up the car.

This sliding sunshade fills the bill. It was at $250 when I bought it which seems like a good price for the protection it provides and the ease of install. I'd love to have one for my S.

The taller you are, the more you feel it. In my 3 I feel the sun roasting my head all the time in the hot weather. I don't want tint on the roof as during the winter, the sun helps heat up the car.

This sliding sunshade fills the bill. It was at $250 when I bought it which seems like a good price for the protection it provides and the ease of install. I'd love to have one for my S.
I'm not tall, but I'm bald. The Cali sun is unforgiving, especially in the summer and good point about winter sun.

Heads up, when you are installing the rear shade, I ran into an issue where the rear support clips don't seem to stay in. I wrapped both parts of the clip with a couple rounds of electrical tape and it seems to have fixed the issue. I've sent an email to the manufacturer today, we shall see what they say

Thanks for the heads up. Did you wrap the tape around the clip where it goes into the shade or where it goes into the car trim? I am sure I have the same one you do so I'll let you know if any difference in the fit.