Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s something I saw while reading the fine print in the Tesla app

Is it 6 months from the date it was credited to your account no matter what mileage has been used or not?
Well aware of that and I'm one myself. I asked if has it been 6 months since this current promotion started. If it hasn't been 6 months since the promotion started then no one has lost their SC and no one can know yet to answer your question.

This was the reason why the 5k intensive was a joke which was still under the 6 month expire date.

I agree if that's the only referral you have but if you already had one going or got another afterward it's great. I won't be paying for supercharging for a long time, even though I rarely use it. There is one by my local Target so I'll use it now just to top off when I'm shopping.

As new referrals get added I believe or moves the expiration out 6 months from the date when the new referral was added.

What I wanted to know is if Tesla would truly expire them after 6 months and if anyone has seen that. I rarely supercharge but if they truly would expire in 6 months then I would definitely use it instead of keeping it as a safety net if needed.

I ask this because I know the premium connectivity after the first year is supposed to be ~$100 but ppl are past a year and haven’t been charged. Wonder if this will follow the same model.

If Tesla was smart they would have not restricted these miles to an expiration date. I probably would have never used these credits unless on a road trip. Now I’ll probably use them locally to make sure I use them before they expire.