Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Supercharger Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those that received referral supercharger miles with your new Tesla purchase:

I purchased my MY in Oct 2020, and received 1k supercharger miles from a referral. When I shared my Tesla account with my wife, she is unable to see/use the referral miles in our Tesla app.

Am I able to share the 1k supercharger referral miles with another driver? Or are they only available to me, the purchaser?

TIA for the help.

Buddy of mine used my referral code and took delivery 10 days ago. The loot box shows my referral as “delivered” but no credit for the miles. I supercharged yesterday and was charged $... what gives? How long does it take? My buddy says his loot box says 1000 miles credit already...

I’ve had a few referrals. Typically I see the miles the same time it says delivered. Yesterday I got a delivered but no miles. Same thing more. Later this afternoon they finally hit. This is the except for me. But it doesn’t appear they are not necessarily processed at the same time.

Buddy of mine used my referral code and took delivery 10 days ago. The loot box shows my referral as “delivered” but no credit for the miles. I supercharged yesterday and was charged $... what gives? How long does it take? My buddy says his loot box says 1000 miles credit already...
Where do you and the purchaser live?

Same happened to me - used a friend’s referrral code. He saw “delivered” in his loot box but neither of us got the miles. Turns out that because I live in Virginia, Tesla cannot award the referral incentive due to laws to protect dealers. (Referrer is in CA).

EDIT: I see that your referral buyer got the miles, so probably not the same situation. Sorry.

Where do you and the purchaser live?

Same happened to me - used a friend’s referrral code. He saw “delivered” in his loot box but neither of us got the miles. Turns out that because I live in Virginia, Tesla cannot award the referral incentive due to laws to protect dealers. (Referrer is in CA).

EDIT: I see that your referral buyer got the miles, so probably not the same situation. Sorry.
No you are correct... I live in VA and my buddy lives in Texas. Sucks that I didn’t get the miles... he did which is nice.

One of my friend used my referral code to order his MY. The car was delivered on 3/1/2021 and he got 1000 miles free supercharging credit. However, I still don't have the credit on my loot box. And I just found out this info on Tesla's website.

1617628263101.png

Does that mean that referrers don't get the 1000 miles credit? It sounds stupid and beats the whole purpose of the referral. I have sent the email to Tesla and am waiting for the answer.

“Turns out that because I live in Virginia, Tesla cannot award the referral incentive due to laws to protect dealers. (Referrer is in CA).”
One of my friend used my referral code to order his MY. The car was delivered on 3/1/2021 and he got 1000 miles free supercharging credit. However, I still don't have the credit on my loot box. And I just found out this info on Tesla's website.

View attachment 651048

Does that mean that referrers don't get the 1000 miles credit? It sounds stupid and beats the whole purpose of the referral. I have sent the email to Tesla and am waiting for the answer.

Check out the response I quoted above yours. I see you are in VA so this likely affected you too.