Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have experience with or opinions about Suntek PPF? Local shop uses this not XPEL.
I have used Suntek (regular, not the Reaction) on a previous car before, and couldn’t really tell the difference between that and Xpel. I think some reviews have said Suntek has a bit more clarity, but honestly probably not noticeable difference.

I have a CA golf friend who owns an auto detail shop. He suggested Suntek Reaction. It's fairly new to the market and has hydrophobic qualities, so a ceramic top coat isn't necessary. I was previously thinking XPEL Ultimate Plus, but I'm meeting with a shop 40 minutes from my house next week to discuss the Reaction PPF. I'll probably get my car ceramic coated as well, but I'm interested to understand folks thoughts on the PPF itself.
I was actually very interested in Suntek Reaction, but the shop that I wanted to get it from was booked out for almost a month, and I really didn’t want to leave the car unprotected for that long. But if I had the option, I likely would have gone with Suntek Reaction. The shop had a Taycan that was fully wrapped in Suntek Reaction and it looked great. More shiny/glossy, and surface was more slick than regular Suntek. Once you put ceramic on Xpel or regular Suntek though it basically looks and feels the same. The concern I had was how long the “ceramic” properties would last on the Reaction. With applying ceramic on Xpel, you can always reapply when needed.

Anyone have advice on getting PPF in the SF Bay Area. Walnut Creek?

EDD has been 8/25(today) - Sept 2 for a few days now. No VIN. This is for my 1148 order with the 19's.
Not holding my breath. Very frustrated and discouraged with the whole process.
Aegis in Dublin, I got my X7 done there, pretty good. I know a few other folks who go there for all their cars. Check them out. I can DM you more info if interested.

Reactions: Drosophila
Picked up yesterday. Few issues on the exterior that Tesla is coming out to fix next week.

Steering wheel worm isn’t that prevalent on mine. Probably wouldn’t have noticed it if I hadn’t been aware of it on other cars. Off to the detailer next week for paint correction, ppf, and ceramic.

The car is amazing, but the process leading up to the delivery yesterday really diminished the excitement of getting the car in that last day. I went in fully expecting another delay or excuse.
View attachment 701139
She looks pretty!

Reactions: GatorPigDog
Getting mine done currently!

The photographer is getting back to me with better pictures.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    705.6 KB · Views: 243
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 238
I have used Suntek (regular, not the Reaction) on a previous car before, and couldn’t really tell the difference between that and Xpel. I think some reviews have said Suntek has a bit more clarity, but honestly probably not noticeable difference.

I was actually very interested in Suntek Reaction, but the shop that I wanted to get it from was booked out for almost a month, and I really didn’t want to leave the car unprotected for that long. But if I had the option, I likely would have gone with Suntek Reaction. The shop had a Taycan that was fully wrapped in Suntek Reaction and it looked great. More shiny/glossy, and surface was more slick than regular Suntek. Once you put ceramic on Xpel or regular Suntek though it basically looks and feels the same. The concern I had was how long the “ceramic” properties would last on the Reaction. With applying ceramic on Xpel, you can always reapply when needed.
You can add ceramic over Reaction. Despite Reaction's hydrophobic properties, I'll probably do so after it's applied. Being three months from my EDD is my bigger problem. 😂

Reactions: impastu and WiLz
Damn, all the cars looks amazing! I'm getting mine done at Extreme Autowerks in Brea, CA in a couple of weeks. Went with PPF on hood, bumper, headlights and fog lights, fender, side mirrors, and rear bumper. Modesta Ceramic Coating on the whole car. And photosync tint all off windows (front windshield and top 70%, all other glass 30%). Will post photos once it's finished!

I think part of the appeal of Reaction though was not having to ceramic coat it. Price-wise it was similar to Xpel/Suntek Ultra plus cost to ceramic coat.
The owner of the shop who sells Suntek is on vacation this week, so I don't have a quote yet. Fair point - the two shops I'm talking to both do good work, but they are 45 minutes apart and I'm told the Suntek shop (closer to Baltimore) has cheaper pricing. I'll soon see.

I'm having a full wrap of LLumar Valor PPF on my Model S Plaid this week. First time using Valor.
I had previously used Xpel Ultimate on my white Model 3. It started to have a very slight yellow hue to it after 2 years. But I also used to wash it by those "No Touch" drive through washes. I've been told that's no-no as they use such harsh chemicals.

Will report back on the Valor as I could not find many reviews on it yet. I do plan on hand washing it from now on.