Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S/X - Adjust the Following Distance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 and just took delivery of a refreshed Model X. Is it true that I can't adjust the following distance while using FSD by clicking the right thumb wheel left & right like I can in my Model 3? or am I missing something?

Yikes...doesn't look like you can...have to go deep into the menus. Gross!

1642183076292.png

• Informative
Reactions: Jerrboyy
I just took a demo drive in a refreshed model S and was disappointed the right scroll wheel doesnt adjust cruise control following distance. An easy OTA software update could assign the button for that function. Do they assume I want the same following distance throughout my drive? Because I easily adjust my following distance several times depending on my speed in a single drive. Confused what reasoning they have for not carrying over this following distance function in the right scroll wheel.

Reactions: dbldwn02
My work around for this is the command "autopilot settings". The correct screen pops up and you change the following distance. This is less than ideal but at least you don't have to dig around in the settings menu to get to it. Since you are already in autopilot mode, the quick glance to the screen isn't horrible, but I wish they would just implement the scroll wheel function already.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: jnericks and bpjod