Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MY AWD Long Range...Main Software v11.1(2023.44.30.7 d7cddcb830ed)...FSD v11.4.9...NavData NA-2023.44-14828-cdad87580d...up to date as of Jan 5 10:06a
This last update is scary (maybe dangerous). In the Last few days I have noticed 3 "issues" Please Explain.
1. Likes to go into Bike Lanes which are not marked with green paint, e.g., white lines, especially one with diangle lines. I had to take control 5 times in the last two days. Once it nearly ran over a cyclist! Scary. This issue is fairly consistent so far. Previous softwares didn't have this issue.
2. Likes to go into the parking lanes much more often and nearly consistently now. I have to quickly disengage FSD to avoid side swiping parked vehicles. The parked vehicles are in marked parking with white line along a street curb.
3. Much more than before, it likes to turn into dedicated left turn lanes and dedicated right turn lanes only when Autopilot is one with Navigation destination is set. It is nice that it uses turn signal for this. However, if Navigation destination IS NOT set, but Autopilot is on, this issue does not exist. Fortunately, I am aware of this and disengage Autopilot before I end up in the opposing lane of traffic.
Can anyone here explains what is going on?
This last update has become scary and mike be a little dangerous.
Thanks!

Reactions: beachmiles
2022 MY AWD Long Range...Main Software v11.1(2023.44.30.7 d7cddcb830ed)...FSD v11.4.9...NavData NA-2023.44-14828-cdad87580d...up to date as of Jan 5 10:06a
This last update is scary (maybe dangerous). In the Last few days I have noticed 3 "issues" Please Explain.
1. Likes to go into Bike Lanes which are not marked with green paint, e.g., white lines, especially one with diangle lines. I had to take control 5 times in the last two days. Once it nearly ran over a cyclist! Scary. This issue is fairly consistent so far. Previous softwares didn't have this issue.
2. Likes to go into the parking lanes much more often and nearly consistently now. I have to quickly disengage FSD to avoid side swiping parked vehicles. The parked vehicles are in marked parking with white line along a street curb.
3. Much more than before, it likes to turn into dedicated left turn lanes and dedicated right turn lanes only when Autopilot is one with Navigation destination is set. It is nice that it uses turn signal for this. However, if Navigation destination IS NOT set, but Autopilot is on, this issue does not exist. Fortunately, I am aware of this and disengage Autopilot before I end up in the opposing lane of traffic.
Thanks!
1. nearly ran over a cyclist? bull****. Regardless of whether it respected the bike lane or not, it does not go near cyclists or pedestrians. it's OVERLY cautious with both of those.

2. Parking lanes? it's known to go closer to the curb between cars, but it ALWAYS goes back out to the main lane before the next car.

3. Youre never going to end up in opposing traffics lane.

Either youre too sensitive yourself, or youre here to stir the pot. go away

Upvote 0
Thanks!
Looks like you explained pretty well what's going on with your car. You say that it nearly ran over a cyclist, yet you think it might be only a little dangerous? Sounds like, in your situation, FSD is a LOT dangerous.

If my car nearly ran over a cyclist, I would STOP using FSD until I got a new version. If my car nearly side-swiped another car, I would STOP using FSD until I got new software.

Upvote 0
I have had it do the same. 🤬

Ditto.

Amusing anecdote: on a similar highway drive (and speed) on Jan 1, I looked over and noted my husband had turned off FSD. I asked why and he said it was too stressful a drive with the car diving into turning lanes or not gracefully exiting the right lane when a passing lane was offered, instead sometimes simply taking to the shoulder when the right lane ended. But not always because.... tesla. So he turned FSDb off and settled on cruise control and lane keeping to make the long drive easier.

A bit later we were discussing whether to purchase an extended warranty and how long we'll keep this car (our pattern is to buy a new car every 7 years but it was 8 with the last one because nothing was on the market that could replace what we liked about it.) We settled on 'probably' and started making a list of features our next vehicle will have so I can research if such a vehicle actually exists and whether I need to order now for delivery when we are thinking of upgrading. We are a single car family and so we need to agree on features but the only way my husband will be driving a tesla after this one is retired/unrepairable is if I'm dead. He said what he wanted, listing out everything that tesla claims to offer but doesn't actually deliver. I then pointed out he wasn't using the features our tesla had because they didn't work well enough so why would he spend money on stuff that doesn't work.

Adaptive cruise control and auto wipers are features that all manufacturers have nailed, as well as blind spot warnings. One of the reasons I wanted a car with more tech when we purchased back in 2020, was our 2012 didn't have those three features and I could see how they would benefit us as we were older and shoulder checks in particular became more difficult and adaptive cruise control would lessen the strain of long highway drives, rush hour driving, and help me keep my speed at the limit on the city streets (there are many in our neighbourhood where the limit is 30kph/18mph.)

I agree that tesla's EAP is pretty great on highways, but the equivalent is all we need. We don't use EAP's NoA and can't use FSDb on the highway in our city because it is too unpredictable and makes so many poor lane choices. FSDb on city streets is not worth paying 1 cent for. Our current tesla will never reach the level of autonomy worthy of being called Full Self Driving. So my next car will be from a manufacturer who manages the basics well and doesn't focus on fart sounds and light shows in order to dazzle people into ignoring the overhyped and not working autonomy, or the failed basics like auto wipers that come on when it is raining and stay off when it isn't.

Upvote 0
video please
Video showing issue #2. Start at 40 seconds into the video. This is just one of many places where, since the last update mentioned in original post, FSD consistently goes into the parking lane. Of course, I took control to get back into the driving lane...the only driving lane at this point. Would still like to know, as with all 3 of my ew issues, what FFSD is "thinking"...and explanation. Of course, in the situations, I drive manually now.

Reactions: JB47394
Upvote 0