Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh MXP- Auto dome lights keep reverting to off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MSLR on 2022.20.19 also with this problem. Dome light setting reverts from AUTO to OFF once car is in PARK after driving. Getting used to entering my car without lighting. Hoping software gets fixed soon.

The fix for me required a visit to the service center where they held my X hostage for 3 days before even touching it. Not sure why I couldn't just bring it in 3 days later. I was provided with a loaner, but it was a pretty dogged out 2016 Model S, beats Uber or walking I suppose, but again at this price point it's not up to par along with the treatment by and communication with the service dept. Definitely no "fluffers" in sight. The fix was as follows: "Performed low voltage circuit integrity check on map light circuit. Found that a connector was unplugged. Reconnected unplugged connector and verified expected operation of maplights, both front and rear."

When I finally got the car back on day 4, it had not even been washed. I looked up to verify the lights were working and found the panel directly above my head to be loose and simply had to be pushed back into place.

I did notice on the repair order that the non warranty labor rate is $285/hour which I'm sure is way higher than what Tesla pays for warranty repairs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the service centers give priority to vehicles that are out of warranty and puts the people driving brand new cars with simple fix problems at the back of the line.