Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a good safety argument for sticking with the yoke. Yoke is Safer
I love Munro but they're making a very narrow argument for the yoke being "safer". If you're driving head-on, with the yoke at 0 degrees, of course the yoke is safer: it puts your hands at 9 and 3, which is safest for airbag deployment, and generally what everyone should be doing (round wheel or not).

However, they're ignoring the elephant in the room, which is maneuverability. If you need to make any sort of fast steering adjustment that would require grabbing a different part of the wheel OTHER THAN 9 and 3, the yoke is terrible.

This of course would be less of an issue if we got variable steering with the yoke, or at least a smaller steering ratio. IMO the yoke came too soon, as this wasn't ready.

I love Munro but they're making a very narrow argument for the yoke being "safer". If you're driving head-on, with the yoke at 0 degrees, of course the yoke is safer: it puts your hands at 9 and 3, which is safest for airbag deployment, and generally what everyone should be doing (round wheel or not).

However, they're ignoring the elephant in the room, which is maneuverability. If you need to make any sort of fast steering adjustment that would require grabbing a different part of the wheel OTHER THAN 9 and 3, the yoke is terrible.

This of course would be less of an issue if we got variable steering with the yoke, or at least a smaller steering ratio. IMO the yoke came too soon, as this wasn't ready.
Agree. Yoke is good to make left or right turns. What about U turns?

So I take a day off and you get a Vin while I’m gone? WTF? Congratulations! I figured you'd be here until the bitter end with me in 2025 when Tesla delivered their final two Model X's. Now get this thing delivered!

Whoops just catching up with the thread as I go. Well, it looks like I’ll see you at delivery in 2025 after all. Major bummer

LOL! the reactions to STRO finally getting a VIN, and then the subsequent realizations that he lost it, are the highlights of this thread so far. 🤣🤣

Hey I posted a couple of days ago that i got a call from a sales advisor to upgrade to a 6-seat configuration (Model X Plaid). I agreed to do that.

Now today when I checked my delivery, I have an actual date range (feb 20 - mar 13).

But I already know Tesla is a huge tease so I’m not gonna get my hopes up for those dates.

Can someone tell me if this is normal? I’ve been following this forum for a while now to see when my LR 5 seater Model X will be start production and delivery. I decided to order a 6 seater plaid less than a month ago bc I saw they were being delivered faster. I live in NJ btw… the EDD was October. I just got this today with an updated EDD of Feb 17 - March 5
0E582584-5E63-45AC-AD2D-B77889BB35D8.jpeg

Can someone tell me if this is normal? I’ve been following this forum for a while now to see when my LR 5 seater Model X will be start production and delivery. I decided to order a 6 seater plaid less than a month ago bc I saw they were being delivered faster. I live in NJ btw… the EDD was October. I just got this today with an updated EDD of Feb 17 - March 5View attachment 764803
I ordered MXP in November, and had August as EDD. Changed to Feb and now back to August. I'm also in NJ

Can someone tell me if this is normal? I’ve been following this forum for a while now to see when my LR 5 seater Model X will be start production and delivery. I decided to order a 6 seater plaid less than a month ago bc I saw they were being delivered faster. I live in NJ btw… the EDD was October. I just got this today with an updated EDD of Feb 17 - March 5View attachment 764803
Until you have a VIN on that account, don’t read too much into it.

Reactions: FLScubaLife
Until you have a VIN on that account, don’t read too much into it.
Once you have a VIN in your account, don’t read too much into it.

Once you have a VIN plus an EDD, don’t read too much into it.

Once you have a VIN plus an EDD and it’s on the lot, don’t read too much into it.

Once you are driving it, you have now received it. Probably.