Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. Yoke is good to make left or right turns. What about U turns?
i’ve been driving the S plaid since Sept. and i have had no problems with u-turns or any other maneuver at all. i’m not saying it’s perfect but once you get over the phantom grabs, which was a few days for me, i see no downside other than those stupid blinkers. try turn on your blinker when you have to make a quick left->right turn. not happening. and horn is stupid as well.

i’ve been driving the S plaid since Sept. and i have had no problems with u-turns or any other maneuver at all. i’m not saying it’s perfect but once you get over the phantom grabs, which was a few days for me, i see no downside other than those stupid blinkers. try turn on your blinker when you have to make a quick left->right turn. not happening. and horn is stupid as well.
1643989288819.gif

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26 and yerEVan
Can someone tell me if this is normal? I’ve been following this forum for a while now to see when my LR 5 seater Model X will be start production and delivery. I decided to order a 6 seater plaid less than a month ago bc I saw they were being delivered faster. I live in NJ btw… the EDD was October. I just got this today with an updated EDD of Feb 17 - March 5View attachment 764803

Unbelievable... I am in NJ as well but I refuse to order the more expensive Plaid and play right in to Tesla's greedy hands. This company's tactics are really really turning me off.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Do you think having triggers on either side of the back of the yoke rather than buttons would have helped with the blinkers?

niogyn said:
View attachment 764504

I can’t help myself. Sawyer Merritt is tabloid trash.
Every tech company seems to have a Sawyer Merritt (or multiple). Like Apple has Mark Gurman and John Gruber, though to the latter's credit he does take Apple to task for boneheaded decisions. Mark Gurman has the added annoyance of being one of those sports fans whose favorite teams include the Lakers, Cowboys, and Yankees.

I agree dafaskunk. Further, if you make such a bold statement about someones character, you need to back it up. Merritt is like a quasi publicity dept. That doesn't make him tabloid even with a bad tweet. Tweet back at him then. Niogyn you need to support your very opinionated statement.

Reactions: gglockner
i had plaid S for a month also. the yoke aspect was OK, better and worse in certain aspects. Easier to adjust to.

I hated the blinkers...

But they have since done software updates to it and made it more intelligent by using AI to figure out lane change vs turn. Willing to give it another shot in the X as I sold the S

niogyn said:
View attachment 764504

I can’t help myself. Sawyer Merritt is tabloid trash.

I agree dafaskunk. Further, if you make such a bold statement about someones character, you need to back it up. Merritt is like a quasi publicity dept. That doesn't make him tabloid even with a bad tweet. Tweet back at him then. Niogyn you need to support your very opinionated statement.

No I don’t. It’s my opinion, look how easy it is:

“Sawyer Merritt is a dumpster fire.”

Now I don’t know about you, but I feel better already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope my wait is bountiful and the new horn and taillights are in play by then.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Can someone tell me if this is normal? I’ve been following this forum for a while now to see when my LR 5 seater Model X will be start production and delivery. I decided to order a 6 seater plaid less than a month ago bc I saw they were being delivered faster. I live in NJ btw… the EDD was October. I just got this today with an updated EDD of Feb 17 - March 5View attachment 764803
Be patient, it will change again! You can go through the thread and find a bunch of other orders with the same experience...

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Thought glitches only existed in Halo!
I love Halo.
Except using my thumbs to walk around and aim etc is SOO DUMB. I’ve always hated it.

I want full body immersive gaming, Microsoft!!! Hello!?! Can Microsoft step up to the plate please?

(ultimately Neuralink; for now give us a Microsoft equivalent of Oculus Quest plus Kat VR or Virtuix Omni plus Haptx gloves etc)

Reactions: niogyn
Agree. Yoke is good to make left or right turns. What about U turns?
Add me to the list of people that really like the yoke. I have a u-turn on my daily route out of my neighborhood and I have already forgotten about the yoke after just a few days of use.

In addition to turns being fine (and fun when you are hitting a corner hard) a enjoy the yoke much more than a wheel for straight driving. The positioning is just a lot more natural to me.