Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this here is the exact reason why we are all waiting for a single production model X to be made. If the line is the same as the MS line, they are probably going to produce one at a time for efficiency sake. I don’t know if in the past they were able to use a single line to produce both cars simultaneously, but possibly with supply chain issues, running it for one vehicle at a time makes better sense? They probably don’t have enough model X orders to justify closing the model S production.
Never thought the Rivian production line would start up before X version 2.0's production line

I can't imagine it's an orders thing. Used market for recent X's is way too strong for that to be the case IMO. Only running one line while you continue to build up the new refresh X interior parts inventory and repair inventory for the inevitable oopsies that will happen during production, to make sure the line doesn't stop for any reason, and to address the problems that will happen after delivery upon people Plaid-ing their whole families into various objects/buildings/orbit so people aren't without a car for 6 months after taking delivery and having a collision or failure, that's also a very real possibility which I and others have mentioned elsewhere ITT. I bet they start production sometime in early October.

Last edited:
Never thought the Rivian production line would start up before X version 2.0's production line
The Rivian R1S looks like some good competition for the Model X, with more towing capacity and ~20K cheaper than a Model X. That said, Tesla Supercharging is a huge benefit. But at some point, either Tesla has to get serious about delivering Model X, or alternatives look attractive.

And don't tell me about the Cybertruck. It's fugly and way too large for many customers.

Reactions: lauraut
ordered in january. edd sept disappeared 2 days ago. exciting!

Red X LR. white interior. 7 seater. 22'' turbines

--
needed a car so ordered MYP 3.5 weeks ago, delivery tomorrow
I’m in the exact same boat. January X order and ordered MYP because I need a car. Vin today and delivery this week. Except I am leaving town for a couple weeks. I’ll now have to push out the MYP and who knows, maybe by the time I am back there will be some info on the X. Bad timing is everything

I’m in the exact same boat. January X order and ordered MYP because I need a car. Vin today and delivery this week. Except I am leaving town for a couple weeks. I’ll now have to push out the MYP and who knows, maybe by the time I am back there will be some info on the X. Bad timing is everything
just take delivery, us tmc members will take care of it for you lol

Reactions: Wooly1
1631745913121.png