Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alrighty boys and girls, I would like to take a moment to reiterate the advice that others have given here in the past yet I failed to follow:
if you have issues with your car at delivery, refuse delivery.

I had some issues at delivery last night and was told they could take the car back and "try" to get it back to me today or I could just bring it in first thing this morning. I chose to keep it so I could have more time to find any other issues and get them fixed all at once.

Nope. That’s not how it works at all.

I won't go into detail on how they acted like I was the biggest piece of sh*t to ever walk on God’s green earth for having the audacity to walk in this morning or how I was treated, but let me just emphasize had I known how this process would go I would have let them take the car back instead.

No offense, but your badge looks...fake. Very different from the OEM badge (see attached picture). Not sure where we could buy a genuine badge.

View attachment 782777
None taken. It is fake. My wrap shop charged me $22 and told me they bought it from the web not Tesla OEM. They had two options. I went with mat black. If anyone finds OEM badge please post. I would love to get it replaced.

goldenage said:
I added FSD yesterday to my 4/2021 MXLR order. The original order price stayed the same. Also, FSD cost me $10,000, not $12,000 as it was priced at $10,000 when I placed the order 11 months ago.
It will be interesting to see if that action activates a change in delivery date and VIN issuance.
I’d say YES. When speaking with Tesla sales rep at a showroom recently, he demonstrated on his computer the difference in EDD of a Model Y with FSD versus without FSD. Exact same options otherwise; with FSD was much faster. When attempting the same demo with Model X, it didn’t make a difference. However; he concluded it likely does “behind the scenes”. Provides support for the “Profit Margin Theory”. From my order date to VIN, was just under 90 days on a red Plaid, White interior, 6–seater (paid for), 20”, & FSD (Several upgrade items). Could also be part of the 1st quarter push for a positive earnings announcement.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin
Alrighty boys and girls, I would like to take a moment to reiterate the advice that others have given here in the past yet I failed to follow:

I had some issues at delivery last night and was told they could take the car back and "try" to get it back to me today or I could just bring it in first thing this morning. I chose to keep it so I could have more time to find any other issues and get them fixed all at once.

I won't go into detail on how they acted like I was the biggest piece of sh*t to ever walk on God’s green earth for having the audacity to walk in this morning or how I was treated, but let me just emphasize had I known how this process would go I would have let them take the car back instead.
No…. Please provide as much detail as possibl. We can only learn for details that are clearly defined and explained.

I’ll go with you next visit holding a baseball bat. I promise they’ll be nicer then.

Whatever you do, DON'T tell them you're heading to Canada. We're not expected to see the X until August - fair warning.
Attention all Canadian Model X buyers:
For a small fee, I will allow you to “live” (virtually) at an address of mine in the US, until you receive your model X, at which time you can import it to Canada. 😆

Ok I’m half serious. It’s almost certainly easier to have a US address and import it yourself than to wait for Tesla to get broad approval or whatever is holding it up….. 🧐🤨

(There’s very few, and minor, modifications required to bring a car into Canada I am pretty certain from prior experience).

When I took delivery of a CPO in December, I was told to open a service ticket in the app for two issues: a missing tow bracket and a windshield chip. They fixed both promptly. It was easy and stress-free.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Crap now I gotta pull on the seats to make sure they don’t move AND check to make sure they DO move too?
General Tesla Model X Delivery Checklist:

Step 1: Fully Disassemble Vehicle.
Step 2: confirm all parts present
Step 3: Reassemble.
Step 4: enjoy. 😝

Actually when I’ve disassembled stuff in the past, it always has amazed me how many parts I have left over after reassembling a functional item! 😆

Actually when I’ve disassembled stuff in the past, it always has amazed me how many parts I have left over after reassembling a functional item! 😆

Looking at your forum username…

Do you do surgery on your patients? Asking for a friend.

Bruce.

EDIT: 😆

Last edited:
Calling all DCU loaners.

I need some advice, clarity and guidance. Please either reply here or DM if you’d feel more comfortable.

I know I I must “Join” and open a checking account. Is there a minimum deposit?
Online I have been offered a 2.99% interest rate for 70 months.

Here’s were I need input:
1. - I was told on the phone once I have my account activated the will reduce the rate for buy an EV.
2. - I was then told they would reduce it if I added payr direct deposit.
Are these two point true?

Is their checking account free? Aside from car payments are you required to make X purchases each month?
With #2 does my full payroll deposit need to be sent to DCU or can I send the amount of my monthly payment plus some padding and the rest to another account?
How long did it take from you agreeing to the loan terms to having a check to hand Tesla at Deliver?
How do you like dealing with this bank?

Many Thanks.

That qualifies you as a tesla assembly line manager

Calling all DCU loaners.

I need some advice, clarity and guidance. Please either reply here or DM if you’d feel more comfortable.

I know I I must “Join” and open a checking account. Is there a minimum deposit?
Online I have been offered a 2.99% interest rate for 70 months.

Here’s were I need input:
1. - I was told on the phone once I have my account activated the will reduce the rate for buy an EV.
2. - I was then told they would reduce it if I added payr direct deposit.
Are these two point true?

Is their checking account free? Aside from car payments are you required to make X purchases each month?
With #2 does my full payroll deposit need to be sent to DCU or can I send the amount of my monthly payment plus some padding and the rest to another account?
How long did it take from you agreeing to the loan terms to having a check to hand Tesla at Deliver?
How do you like dealing with this bank?

Many Thanks.
Just a suggestion - You might want to investigate a Credit Union close to you. I was able to get 1.99% for 66 months here right up the street!